PDA

View Full Version : Standalone Vs. Piggy Back

steve shadows
02-28-2014, 10:28 PM
This is more of a curiosity post. If you are running a piggy back which one are you running? If you're standalone which one are you running. I have noticed more and more of the community going to standalone EMS...which is great...So happy that I am starting to see this shift. AND YES YOU CAN DIY!!! If i could teach myself how to tune 10 years ago you can too.

This recently came up when I was consulting on a build. If any of the senior members have any input on any new piggy backs for the lower price range I'd appreciate it. I only poke my head in here every once and a while. I.e AEM I know, S-AFC I know...Haltech has a new unit that is not a piggy back but it's a low cost alternative to their full Platinum series called the 500...anything else I have missed in the past year?

Usually I am the one giving input but this time I wanted some help from the community.

Standalone I pretty much know what's going on ;)

Thanks everyone.

Sileighty_85
03-01-2014, 01:06 AM
I run Power FC W/ Boost Controler Kit on my SR and have one waiting for my GT-R, and will run one on my RB25 when i get back to the states.

supersayianjim
03-01-2014, 08:39 AM
iam running nistune on my rb25 and a aem on my 1jz. start out with something small and earlier for new user(like nistune). then go from there.

RalliartRsX
03-01-2014, 09:02 AM
Nemu/nismotronic is what I run

dbeiler
03-01-2014, 07:56 PM
I've recently started using Nistune for my RB25. Cost me a total of $655. Z32 ECU was $80. The remaining $575 went to the Nistune chip, installation, cables, software license, and ECU return shipping. I love being able to stream live data to my laptop. Easy to see how much potential I have left in the MAF, injectors, etc.

smoked240
03-01-2014, 10:23 PM
I went AEM ems series 2 on my rb and honestly think ill always stay with a standalone. I want to learn it more so I can finely tune my engine since I have to trailer it 4 hours to have it dyno'd. I'm going to have it dyno'd again after the overhaul and new turbo but that's because I'm having 3 tunes done for 87/91/E85. I would like to know how the aem works completely before I start tuning it cause I don't want to blow my engine haha. I just need to sit down and do some reading.

zurud
03-02-2014, 07:50 PM
I am running nismotronic. I don't think anybody running piggyback anymore especially on Nissan. I have greedy Emanage