PDA

View Full Version : SR20DET circuit sport top feed rail frustration

89hatchman
02-27-2014, 07:48 PM
So I ordered the wrong fittings to use on my fuel rail. I need something that will thread into the fuel rail and that has a barb fitting on the other side. I just want to keep this simple and run regular fuel injection line rather than the braided steel an line stuff.

What thread pitch does the circuit sport top feed fuel rail use? I have looked everywhere and I can only find that it is "-6AN fuel inlet and outlet". But that's the diameter right? Not the thread pattern?

This is getting frustrating as hell. I need to get this project together and off to the tuner before the first event.

cotbu
02-27-2014, 10:09 PM
If the circuit sports fuel rail was purchased new it came with -6an male/male fittings.IIRC All you would need to get is -6an female to hose barb fittings if you are missing the male/male fittings just get 2 male -6an to hose barb fittings they come in different angles, if you need 90's for your setup, the internet has those too. search the bold text.

89hatchman
02-28-2014, 02:01 AM
If the circuit sports fuel rail was purchased new it came with -6an male/male fittings.IIRC All you would need to get is -6an female to hose barb fittings if you are missing the male/male fittings just get 2 male -6an to hose barb fittings they come in different angles, if you need 90's for your setup, the internet has those too. search the bold text.

yes, I do have those male/male fittings. But one side is larger than the other, they both can't be -6AN can they? One side screws in but the other is too small. I'll order some -6AN fittings I found through google and cross my fingers and hope that they work. All these fitting measurements confuse me.

Def
02-28-2014, 02:58 PM
Do they seal with an o-ring? In which case they are almost surely -6 AN o-ring boss fittings. A normal -6 AN flared fitting will work fine with an o-ring as long as there is enough depth for the flare to sit inside the rail and still bottom out the o-ring.

What you actually want is something like this:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-220756/overview/

That's a push lock type hose end, so once the hose goes on you'll likely have to cut it off. Use an o-ring on the male AN part.

89hatchman
03-02-2014, 10:58 PM
Do they seal with an o-ring? In which case they are almost surely -6 AN o-ring boss fittings. A normal -6 AN flared fitting will work fine with an o-ring as long as there is enough depth for the flare to sit inside the rail and still bottom out the o-ring.

What you actually want is something like this:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-220756/overview/

That's a push lock type hose end, so once the hose goes on you'll likely have to cut it off. Use an o-ring on the male AN part.

So this will work? Same part number, just from ebay. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Summit-220756-Hose-End-Twist-Tite-Straight-Blue-Male-6-AN-to-6-AN-Hose-Barb-EA-/331124958355?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4d1895e493&vxp=mtr

Can you guarantee that it'll work? Everything is so damn vague with AN fittings. I've been told I have a -6AN male/male fitting that came with the fail but one side is clearly larger than the other. The fitting in the picture looks like the smaller male side of the male/male fitting which doesn't fit into the rail

derass
03-03-2014, 12:04 AM
http://www.circuit-sports.com/products?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=47&category_id=4

That link is for the side feed rail, but it lists that the fittings are 3/8(N)PT with o-rings. The page for the top feed rail does not list this info, but the fittings in the photo look similar, using o-rings. I would assume that the 2 rails use the same fittings.

Def
03-03-2014, 11:00 AM
NPT is a tapered thread - seals on the threads (i.e. why you use teflon tape), not with an o-ring.

The top feed rail looks like it comes with o-ring boss -6 fittings to me.

eye-5
04-29-2015, 10:28 PM
I am having the same problem. I bought the rail used and the previous owner had -10 AN fittings in it for some god awful reason.

It is 100% not a 6AN on the fuel rail side. I bought some 6AN to 6AN straight cut o ring adapters and they are way too small. It also isn't 3/8 NTP, that is too big but just barely (the first thread will start but that is it). I'm thinking it might be a 16mm metric 1.5 thread pitch thread but can't verify that.

RalliartRsX
04-30-2015, 05:07 AM
You may just have to take it to Home Depot and measure using their plumbing fittings

eye-5
05-01-2015, 12:40 PM
I ordered a 6AN to 16mm 1.5 thread pitch adapter and a 6AN to 14mm 1.5 thread pitch adapter. I'll report back on which one fits. Good old Amazon to the rescue.

japslapsilvia
05-04-2015, 12:19 PM
If its anything like the Garage D fuel rail that i have, its not M16 1.5, they fit but will not thread in all the way. After taking a few measurements, the fittings appear to be 5/8ths, i dont have a thread pitch gauge yet to determine if is 18 or 20 TPI.