PDA

View Full Version : Weird MAF voltage issue -

e1_griego
02-15-2014, 11:57 AM
Car: 1990 s13 hatch with redtop SR. gt2871r, z32 maf, Tomei 740cc, PowerFC L-jetro (maf version), Greddy Type S EBC @ 14psi.

Problem:
Car drives around great, no problem cold starting etc. 20inHg at idle -- she's a peach. Never had a problem in 8 months of daily driving.

A couple days ago (after car sitting for a week in snow/ice) I'm driving around and I jump on it in 1st gear and the car cuts out, full on fuel cut. Weird. The PowerFC shows 100% duty cycle (!) and the MAF voltage at 5115mv (which I presume to be 100% pegged).

This morning I swap the z32 maf from my other s13 and go drive around; car does the same thing. Swap the PowerFC from my other car (just to make sure) -- same thing. It will do it in 2nd and 3rd gear now, as well.

I haven't boost leak tested yet, but a boost leak usually manifest itself as the car breaking up and falling on it's face, not a hard cut like this. This is 100% duty on the injectors and maxing the maf voltage.

Do I just need to tear the harness down and see how the maf wiring looks? Is there something obvious I'm overlooking?

I'm not one to post tech threads, but it's pouring rain and I figure I could use another diagnostic brain or three to solve this. I suppose I'll do a boost leak test this afternoon anyway.

Thanks.

edit: think I fixed it. Pretty sure my Synapse bov was leaking, but it's recirc'd so it's metered air.

I redid the vac ports to it and everything seems peachy now.

Hooray!