PDA

View Full Version : 93 Z31 parts

yardy
02-13-2014, 03:14 PM
Hi guys, dont smack me to hard but I know some of you have the links in your favorites or will tell me right off hand yes or NO. I found a local 1993 twin turbo Z31 (without title), or thats what the guy tells me and i'm ready to go rape the parts from it. it has the full axle assemblies on it and I was wondering if the fronts or rear will work for the conversion of Hubs or Brake systems to my 1993 240sx (hatchback). The owner told me its four wheel steering so I'm starting to think no but from the few threads and numerous articles I've found, I'm thinking NO. Please clarify for me "Nissan Kings" and Princes if there is anything I could use besides the motor. I have a four day weekend this weekend and could use it to do the conversion. Help a lowly peasant out.Thanks in advance.

Just a side note, I have made numerous notes from threads, e.g
"the rear conversion is much easier, in terms of parts combinations. Simply find a 5-lug hub from an S14 240, or a Z32 300ZX. The non-turbo hub is identical to the unit used in the S14. The 300ZX TT hubs are different and will not work in any case. I have learned that it is a good idea to try and source all of your parts from the same donor such as the hubs, e-brake back plate, bolts, etc. Although this is not a requirement, it will help.
You can use brand new OE parts, source out used components, or check out PDM 5-lug rear hubs."

bmxer882x
02-13-2014, 04:02 PM
Rear 5 lug is different. So is front. You need an na models rear hubs. Front I bought from the sponcer on here. From what I remember the axle spline is different on the turbos. The diff might work (not sure) but you would need axles. That would have 30 mm iron calipers which is a good upgrade but if you want the e brake you need that assembly + 2+2 e brake cable. Other than that the maf with a tune is about all that you could use for an upgrade.

The rear uprights can be used as their aluminum over your steel however you then need z32 shock mounts for your coils.

Also a 93 is a z32 not a z32 ;)

yardy
02-13-2014, 08:17 PM
thanks so much for the info. I guess I'll just snatch the MAF then. Did you say the Calipers could work on mine when I did the upgrade to 5 lug from an NA because if I can I will grab the calipers also.

bmxer882x
02-14-2014, 06:24 AM
Yes calipers work. Their a very good/common upgrade. Fronts are 4 piston vs stock 1 piston. Rears are 2 compared to 1