PDA

View Full Version : Vsxx rubbing against my coilovers s13

xxRaika562xx
02-12-2014, 10:39 PM
Hey everyone! This is deal, i just picked up some work vsxx 18x8.5 +31 in the fronts and when i slapped it on, its clearly rubbing against my pbms. When i changed it back to my stock SE s14 wheel, that rims starts rubbing too. Before i even put the vsxx, it never rubbed at all until after...really confuse seriously :( any idea anybody what cause my se wheel to rub too? What size spacer i need? I bought bullshit autozone 7mm and it still rubs. Any recommendation on what size spacer? And should it be the one alrdy has studs in em? Thank u in advance!

TeaLeaves
02-12-2014, 10:43 PM
To answer your question, yes you should get a spacer with studs already pressed in unless you plan on buying extended wheel studs. A 25mm will probably do the job. I'm currently running 32mm and 38mm ebay spacers on my s13 with rota grids, 17x9 +20 with no rubbing. The ebay ones have done the job well enough for me, and they're not that expensive.

xxRaika562xx
02-12-2014, 11:08 PM
To answer your question, yes you should get a spacer with studs already pressed in unless you plan on buying extended wheel studs. A 25mm will probably do the job. I'm currently running 32mm and 38mm ebay spacers on my s13 with rota grids, 17x9 +20 with no rubbing. The ebay ones have done the job well enough for me, and they're not that expensive.

Are they safe by any chance?? Ive read ichiba snaps on a lot of ppl but thats base on what i searched. Thanks for the quick response! I will check ebay n see

CamberWear
02-12-2014, 11:49 PM
I highly doubt your stock wheels are rubbing the coilovers.. You're probably rubbing on something else

derass
02-12-2014, 11:53 PM
Those coilovers might have slotted upper holes at the knuckle. The knuckle may have slid inwards, check that, happened to me.

dawagarage
02-13-2014, 06:00 AM
next time, if you can, test fit the wheels before buying/installing.

raise the car, safely support it (jack stands, similar) and then put the wheel on and crawl under the car to see if there will be any rubbing/obstruction. also be sure to rotate the steering wheel to full lock.

if there is rubbing/contact/etc, you will be able to approximate just how much of a spacer you need.

and yes, going over a certain size slip-on spacer, you will need hub centric spacers with pressed in bolts. i ran 'ebay' spacers from a seller who had over 1000s of sells and nothing but positive reviews. just ensure you are buying the correct hub diameter for your car.

xxRaika562xx
02-13-2014, 12:21 PM
I appreciate the feedbacks you guys! And dawagarage i will definitely do that next time! Its a learning experience sadly but thanks for the advice! I am going to get some pbm 15mm with press studs in em! Hopefully there good :) i rly wanna drive my car with them vsxx on with no problem! I hope it all goes well and i will keep update on this post.

derass
02-13-2014, 03:02 PM
Check the lower mount before you go spending money on spacers needlessly. Think about it, the SE wheels didn't rub before, something moved.

Also, every brand of coilover has different amounts of wheel clearance, but 8.5 +31 should clear. I know they would with my Stance GR.