PDA

View Full Version : Help Can't keep car running out of limp mode

Po_31
02-09-2014, 12:15 AM
Ok Guys like the tittle says I can't keep my ka24de running out of limp Mode.

as a prelude, i had just installed an excessive intake manifold and thermal gasket.
Everything was moving forward until i decided to cap off the radiator with fluid after installing an aluminum coolant reservoir and the I.M. gasket leaked coolant into the first cylinder. No biggie pulled out the I.M. and re installed everything, rechecked for air and coolant leaks with a smoke machine and radiator compression test and it checked out fine. But the car did not want to stay on for more then 10 sec
Then after a week of poking around i found that the car stayed on and running very rough but without the M.A.F connected, hence limp mode.
Now I have done countless hours of Google-ing and all of the threads pointed so many different reasons but seem to just end without a resolution to the main issue.

Things to Note:
If i disconnect the main plug leading to the IACV the car runs longer than 10sec with maf on but at about 400rpm and then just dies out.
The engine Floods out(fuel this time)
If i disconnect the first spark wire put another spark plug and touch the engine bay the car starts without hesitation and eventually dies out but runs a whole lot better.
If and when the engine starts with the maf and everything plugged i can keep the engine running if i press the gas, but it has a huge lag on throttle response and feels like a big puff of air.
A lot of , if not all of the emissions has been removed.
Just found my previously disconnected obd2 plug, will run the machine for codes tomorrow.
running a 95 3D ECU odd year for an s14 because it has an obd1 harness and an obd2 plug is this right?

Here is a list of things i have already done.

*Installed New Temperature Sensor
*New Temp Sender
*Re manufactured MAF (Orilleys)
*New Tps
*New Starter
*New Cas/ Dizzy
*New MAF Pigtail with 16inches of new wires
*grounded the shit out of the engine literally looks like a spider web.
*new walbro 255 fuel pump
*advanced spark

Please help, if you have any suggestions i am more than willing to try.