PDA

View Full Version : s13 suspension issue

SilviaSlave0694
02-04-2014, 06:41 PM
Hi I just purchased an 89 s13 hatch yesterday. It needs a bit of work, but I'm not the most mechanically inclined person ever. It seems that the passenger side suspension is sitting lower than the driver side and is very rough on ANY bump at all. I believe it to be only the front suspension, but I'm not positive. What I do know is that the previous owner did have it lowered, and gave me the factory springs just in case. Could the springs they have installed to lower it be my issue or is it something else. Also if anyone could quote me a general price to have whatever issue they think this is fixed. I really appreciate any help given.

EDIT:

In case it matters at all the car is an automatic, it has 132k miles on it, and this may be a totally different issue but it also lurches a bit when braking. The previous owner said something about a bushing, which I believe is what causes that.

Fuego
02-04-2014, 09:12 PM
Blown shock. Your lowering springs may have influenced your issue, but replacing them will not fix the issue.

Shock/Strut - Front | 1989 Nissan/Datsun 240SX 4 Cylinders H 2.4L FI | AutoZone.com (http://www.autozone.com/autozone/parts/1989-Nissan-Datsun-240SX/Shock-Strut-Front/_/N-ih72hZ8oxxw)