PDA

View Full Version : Blower motor problem:( already searched no luck

redcoupelove
02-01-2014, 05:24 PM
ok guys, my blower motor in my stock 92 240sx coupe will not come on. Im getting 12 volts to the relay under the hood. but Im only getting 1.3 volts to the two blower motor fuses in the interior fuse box and Im getting 1.3 volts to the blower motor on all fan speed setting except for the off position of course. all the switches and lights work on the HVAC panel. Im lost on what i should test now. Any help would be appreciated.!

nissandrift!
02-01-2014, 06:23 PM
Are you checking power at the fuses with the ignition in acc or on?

redcoupelove
02-01-2014, 06:32 PM
[QUOTE=nissandrift!;5547753]Are you checking power at the fuses with the ignition in acc or on?[/QUOTE

i was testing it on acc, i just went and tested it and it went to 1.58 volts running.

nissandrift!
02-01-2014, 06:38 PM
Did you take the fuses out and actually look at them? Make sure the fuses aren't blown.

redcoupelove
02-01-2014, 06:43 PM
Did you take the fuses out and actually look at them? Make sure the fuses aren't blown.

Yes, then were the correct 15 amp fuses and they were still good.

nissandrift!
02-01-2014, 06:46 PM
Try swapping the relay and see if that works.

redcoupelove
02-01-2014, 06:47 PM
Try swapping the relay and see if that works.

i did this to, i first tested it with my DVOM and then i swapped them with another. Still nothing

foreverdeath
02-01-2014, 07:02 PM
so your getting 1.3 volts at the fuse box in the drivers kick panel? what are you getting at the acc. if so the only thing that would cause ACC relay-2 having i resistance or a brunt up contact.

redcoupelove
02-01-2014, 08:12 PM
so your getting 1.3 volts at the fuse box in the drivers kick panel? what are you getting at the acc. if so the only thing thatw ould cause ACC relay-2 having i resistance or a brunt up contact.

Ok. are you talking about the one beside the fuse block? At the bottom ? I found a pic and there is suppost to be a orange one on top then two black ones then a blue one and the bottom one Is the acc 2 relay ? I don't have the second Black one and the top one is blue... do you think that could cause the problem?

nissandrift!
02-01-2014, 09:02 PM
Accessory 2 relay is under the hood on driver side and is blue.

redcoupelove
02-01-2014, 09:19 PM
Accessory 2 relay is under the hood on driver side and is blue.

I have replaced that relay. still did not change and im getting 12 volts there.

soundboy
02-01-2014, 09:44 PM
Sounds like the contacts on the switch are bad. Try manually powering the motor and make sure it spins.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk

nissandrift!
02-01-2014, 10:00 PM
I'm not sure how you're checking voltage so I'll start from the beginning. Disconnect the blower motor connector and turn the ignition to acc. Then place your red lead into the connector terminal with the blue and red wire. Then put the black lead on a good body ground(any bare metal). You should get around 12V. If not then it could be the fuse panel or something before the fuse panel. Let me know reading you get.

kpnasty
02-01-2014, 10:35 PM
voltage drop means break in wiring somewhere. bout the only thing i know about electrical current. not too sure if the wiring goes throught your wheel well but that wouldnt be a bad place to check if your low

redcoupelove
02-01-2014, 10:47 PM
I'm not sure how you're checking voltage so I'll start from the beginning. Disconnect the blower motor connector and turn the ignition to acc. Then place your red lead into the connector terminal with the blue and red wire. Then put the black lead on a good body ground(any bare metal). You should get around 12V. If not then it could be the fuse panel or something before the fuse panel. Let me know reading you get.

I have done this, using my fluke 78 multimeter and my reading is 1.31 volts at the blower motor, its the same reading i get to the two blower motor fuses.

redcoupelove
02-01-2014, 11:02 PM
Sounds like the contacts on the switch are bad. Try manually powering the motor and make sure it spins.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk

I have done this i pulled it and hooked it to my battery, the motor works perfectly. and i used my multimeters continuity function and the contacts on the blower motor are good. I just get really low voltage readin:(

redcoupelove
02-01-2014, 11:03 PM
voltage drop means break in wiring somewhere. bout the only thing i know about electrical current. not too sure if the wiring goes throught your wheel well but that wouldnt be a bad place to check if your low

Im not low unfortunately but i did check there and everything is intact. and i hope its not a broken wire somehwhere!

nissandrift!
02-01-2014, 11:47 PM
On the driver's kick panel there's a two wire connector. One wire is white/blue and the other is white. Disconnect that connector and turn the ignition to acc. Check the voltage at the white/blue wire and ground. It should be about 12V.

Yellow4g63
02-02-2014, 05:08 AM
Have you tried checking the blower motor resistor? I think it's right under the motor on the S13, can't remember.

foreverdeath
02-02-2014, 08:03 AM
well the next step would to check for high resisantce or a broken wire, between the realy and the fuse panel. Pull the relay and but blower motor fuses and check resistance between the relay box and the fuse panel. should have less then .5 ohms along the wire, if not theres your problem.

redcoupelove
02-04-2014, 04:50 PM
Ok. Ill try this and tell you guys what happens. There is 8 inches of snow out side. And I don't have a garge I can work in right now. And I really appreciate the help !!