PDA

View Full Version : Sr20det Acceleration problems

Rayez
01-29-2014, 11:52 AM
Hey ive looked all over the internet but i cant find anything related to my problem i have a 89 240sx with a redtop sr20det pretty much all stock everything my problem is when i mash on the throttle like around 3000 rpm or higher my car likes to act as if the clutch is being pushed in and revs up to like 6000 rpm im gonna try bleeding the clutch tonight see if that helps any ideas anyone?:bash:

801nismo104
01-29-2014, 12:00 PM
you need a new clutch its probably slipping.

Rayez
01-29-2014, 12:12 PM
the only problem ive had with it is going from 1st to 2nd it usually grinds even when i make sure i have the clutch pedal fully deperessed, itll do that only when its cold out when it starts to warm up itll stop doing that

Fuego
01-29-2014, 01:19 PM
That's not the only problem with it though. What you described in your original post is a slipping clutch. Your clutch is a wear item and will need replacement parts from time to time.

Edit - That is assuming your engagement zone is normal which I assume you would already know that.

Rayez
01-29-2014, 01:35 PM
That's not the only problem with it though. What you described in your original post is a slipping clutch. Your clutch is a wear item and will need replacement parts from time to time.

Edit - That is assuming your engagement zone is normal which I assume you would already know that.

Both what I wrote in the original post and the 2nd one is happening

Fuego
01-29-2014, 01:39 PM
I'm aware of that.

DashS13
01-30-2014, 08:04 AM
throw out bearing?

Rayez
01-30-2014, 08:28 AM
Also I tried driving it today now it barely wants to catch in any gears and I started hearing this loud thumping noise

Mikester
01-30-2014, 08:45 AM
Awesome. What you haven't told us what you've done to find the problem... besides start a thread and ask us to diagnose it for you.

Try jacking it up and telling us what the problem is NOT if you know what I mean. First thing you mentioned is classic clutch slip. Loud thump could be anything from axles to tranny mount to motor mounts to any number of other things.

Wonder if your drain plug fell out(?) Get under there and take a look.

Rayez
01-30-2014, 01:12 PM
Awesome. What you haven't told us what you've done to find the problem... besides start a thread and ask us to diagnose it for you.

Try jacking it up and telling us what the problem is NOT if you know what I mean. First thing you mentioned is classic clutch slip. Loud thump could be anything from axles to tranny mount to motor mounts to any number of other things.

Wonder if your drain plug fell out(?) Get under there and take a look.

I said in my first post that night I was gonna go and try bleeding the clutch which I did and it did nothing, didn't see anything wrong when I looked down there now it'll barely catch in 1st gear I can put it in 5th at a stop and completely let go of the clutch and the car won't stall

Fuego
01-30-2014, 01:26 PM
So pull your damn clutch out.

Rayez
01-30-2014, 01:52 PM
So pull your damn clutch out.

Lol already ordered an spec stage 2 from enjuku

Mikester
01-30-2014, 03:21 PM
Lol already ordered an spec stage 2 from enjuku

Enjuku's prices are outrageous for a lot of things. Hopefully you shopped around a bit before ordering.

Regardless, I think a new clutch is just what the doctor ordered. Good news is pulling the tranny will give you an opportunity to change out the fluid and fix any other odds/ends in the process....

Since you are going with a stouter clutch, an upgraded pivot ball couldn't hurt... Circuit Sports pivot is about $20 IIRC and is supposedly stronger than Nismo... Fresh clutch fluid is always good too.

Rayez
01-30-2014, 05:52 PM
Enjuku's prices are outrageous for a lot of things. Hopefully you shopped around a bit before ordering.

Regardless, I think a new clutch is just what the doctor ordered. Good news is pulling the tranny will give you an opportunity to change out the fluid and fix any other odds/ends in the process....

Since you are going with a stouter clutch, an upgraded pivot ball couldn't hurt... Circuit Sports pivot is about $20 IIRC and is supposedly stronger than Nismo... Fresh clutch fluid is always good too.

Alright I'll check it out thanks for the help guys