PDA

View Full Version : Ca18det smoke HELP?!?!

Surffer227
01-27-2014, 08:40 PM
So I'm burning oil, but only at high revs so I assumed it was the turbo, I dumped a bunch of money into a t28 swap, custom lines, ceramic coat, custom IC piping all the extras, but I'm still getting smoke, I haven't tuned the car yet, only ran it to OT 2 or 3 times, but still when I get on it or rev it I get smoke. None at idle, car runs great, just burnin oil like a mother, I'm only using the stock CA restrictor box on the oil feed, Mabey I'm still getting to much oil? It's a ball bearing turbo. I thought Mabey valve seals but I get like no smoke at idle, can anyone help??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Surffer227
01-28-2014, 06:34 AM
Would not having a oil catch can make it burn that much? Need help pleaseee

DashS13
01-29-2014, 10:01 AM
when my old t25 blew up, i upgraded to a t28, the inside of the downpipe was coated with oil causeing there to still be bluish/black smoke for about a week after the replacement was done. Was the old turbo seals blown at all? and couldlve possibly caused there to be un burned pil in exahust?

Surffer227
01-29-2014, 10:08 AM
I thought it was blown but still seeing smoke makes me think otherwise, would it realy take that long to get all the build up out of the exhaust?

tauntdevil
01-29-2014, 10:10 AM
Doesnt seem exactly like a turbo issue but you definitely will want a catch can for this specific issue just in case it is over pressuring the turbo.

I would just check the internals of the engine to make sure none of the rings are warped slightly because at the high heat of high RPM's, engine oil may get around the rings and be what causes the issue. Just check them to make sure.

Let us know what you find out.

Surffer227
01-29-2014, 10:14 AM
Hope it's not rings :( will a compression test decide rings or valve seals? Cause couldn't air leak from the cylinder through the seals or rings?