PDA

View Full Version : coilover probelm please help!!

philbro
06-06-2004, 05:03 PM
i have a set of jic coilovers and the front passenger side strut is loosening itself down on its own, any ideas why this is happening? maybe because they are set pretty low...? when i turn the wheel i can hear like a "boing" noise, like i am hitting the spring with something. you can see the spring rotating when i move the steering wheel. any thought on why this is happening? perhaps it's just too loose? the driver's side is fine though.

s14srpilot
06-06-2004, 07:25 PM
i have a set of jic coilovers and the front passenger side strut is loosening itself down on its own, any ideas why this is happening? maybe because they are set pretty low...? when i turn the wheel i can hear like a "boing" noise, like i am hitting the spring with something. you can see the spring rotating when i move the steering wheel. any thought on why this is happening? perhaps it's just too loose? the driver's side is fine though.

Sounds like either the preload perch or the ride height perch isn't tightened. Jack up the car and tighten whatever is loose