PDA

View Full Version : Zilvia help me out for a change!!!

supersayianjim
01-15-2014, 01:45 PM
should I wait till I get my car painted to change my windshield?? or should I do it before?? I really reallr really want to do it before due to the pitting in my glass and the fact that iam planning on taking a long trip. so zilvia what do you think??

I called some auto glass places and they said that the trim moulding attaches to the windshield that it doesn't snap in between, is this true??

di-devol
01-15-2014, 03:10 PM
Depends on the trim they provide. There is the stock trim that does snap in. Then there is the universal trim that more like a weather trim. Either can come out for painting I believe.

signals13
01-15-2014, 03:14 PM
If you have the time and patience remove the windshield and get the car painted. Then after paint get the new windshield installed :-).

aymaeid
01-15-2014, 05:38 PM
If you have the time and patience remove the windshield and get the car painted. Then after paint get the new windshield installed :-).

this. you dont sound very patient. be patient.

jr_ss
01-15-2014, 07:35 PM
The OEM S14 trim is a 3pc ordeal and very expensive. If you plan on having the car painted, just wait. No sense in replacing it multiple times. The track that the actual trim clips into is held in by 3M tape, which would be removed when painting.

supersayianjim
01-15-2014, 07:38 PM
thanks peeps. ive been patient for the last 4 years. iam trying to get this done by tx2k14. iam tired of driving around in a car that needs a paint job, iam getting too old for that.