PDA

View Full Version : Engine monitoring, AFC Neo or similar with a screen?

M374llic4
01-13-2014, 02:03 PM
Hello all, I have a 95 s14 that I am looking to try and get some monitoring on as I am finishing up gathering my KAT parts.

I was thinking about getting an AFC Neo just to be able to watch things, is there anything else out there that is similar I can look in to? AFC is the only thing ouside of old SAFC's that I could easily use and hook up with a screen to see.

heychris
01-13-2014, 02:12 PM
If you have an Android based cellie, you can get a wifi obd dongle and then get the app called Torque Pro from the Play market...there's a support forum for the app so you can add all kinds of different engine parameters...Ideally you will also want to get a Wide band o2 sensor and monitor as well...

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

brndck
01-13-2014, 02:48 PM
Depending on the build date of your car it may have an obdII port. If it does, you can use one of the MANY obdII plug in apps for smartphone, or the little gauge screens like the ones blitz makes. I think it's called an r-fit?

brndck
01-13-2014, 02:50 PM
Blitz UK: Products > Electronics > R-VIT (http://www.blitz-uk.co.uk/Product-177.aspx)
It's an R-VIT.

M374llic4
01-14-2014, 08:29 AM
Thanks for the info fellas. I bought one of the obd1 consult plug to mini usb adapters before and hooked it to a laptop, so I know it is obd1 at least. Cant always just keep a laptop there though, so a wifi one and phone rig would be great considering I have a cradle for my phone already in my car because I use it as a radio. I could just load up an app and have it there.

Thanks! I will try and look in to it.

Also, that R_VIT looks interesting as well. The cell phone route sounds a good bit cheaper though, lol.