PDA

View Full Version : Ok This Is The Third Time I'm Askin This Question U Guys All Say Yes But Nissan Says

nd240sx3
06-03-2004, 07:58 PM
NOPE and junk yard says nope so whats the deal i thought this site was to help othe 240sx owners out with questions well i have one and everyone gives me the same answer look it up well god damnit i did again today i need details u people say yes but why then does nissan say no i got a 91 atuo 240sx and want to swap to manual but all i can find is 89 5psd will it fit i thought the ka24e was the same block as ka24de but i was told NO so then that would mean if the trans from 89 worked it would be same bolt pattern is it? i dunno im soo cunfused can someone help without tellin me to look it up and try and help me a lil someone copied and paste some info and i thank u for that but it told me nuttin about my question soo if someone could help me that would be great thanx :confused: :stupid:

SaintlyCharBoy
06-03-2004, 08:06 PM
hehe

they are most definitely not the same block. the transmission, however, will work.

there are many good posts here about the swap. Drift Freaq wrote a couple long detailed ones

Mr. Spool
06-03-2004, 08:15 PM
if your worried about it get a 91 maual tranny and throw it in. nothin to to it but to do it.

nd240sx3
06-03-2004, 09:16 PM
i called nissan and they said no wouldnt they no?

Jeff240sx
06-03-2004, 09:36 PM
Type correctly. "i called nissan and they said no wouldnt they no?" is not a sentence. Neither is your first post. Use punctuation and capitalization to separate sentences, thoughts, and bullshit.
I could probably answer your question(s), but I'm not willing to read through that crap. And make the thread title a summary of your question, not the first sentence of your post.
Jeebus. How can people not know netiquette by now?
-Jeff

nd240sx3
06-03-2004, 10:06 PM
i am alil frustrated because i cant seem to find the answer to my question. Can anyone help me? i want to go pick up the tranny sat thats why its so important i dont know what to do :

orion::S14
06-03-2004, 10:14 PM
Easy answer: Any S13/S14 tranny will fit. And Nissan parts counter guys know jack-sh!t from my experience...

Now, any S13 trans would be best, b/c it will have the proper sensors with plugs, and the correct speedo sensor for your car.

Only difference on S14 tranny is the crank position sensor (you don;t need it, it's just an extra hole on the bellhousing) and the different electrical stuff as I said above.

But they all share the same bellhousing pattern, and will bolt to any DOHC of SOHC motor...same driveshaft, same shifter, etc...

That is a definite answer, no need for any more searching, or asking those nissan parts idiots.

- Brian

tryiian
06-03-2004, 10:23 PM
He wants to swap an 89 manual transmission block into his 91 s13. Nissan and a junkyard have repeatedly been telling him it can`t be done, yet forum members say the opposite. Hard anough II read?

He needs some sort of technical description of how to install the trans` and people have only told him to look it up. He thought the dohc and sohc transmissions had different "blocks" (iDunno anathin bou this, btw) and saintlyboy said they aren`t the same block, but the trans`ll still work. No, I`m not going to refer to the gear-box as a human with multiple sex organs...

Salty_X
06-03-2004, 10:26 PM
For confirmation: YES. If Russ says so (http://forums.freshalloy.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB27&Number=67605899&Forum=All_Forums&Words=sohc%20dohc%20tran&Match=And&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=67605899&Search=true#Post67605899), it must be true. :D

nd240sx3
06-03-2004, 10:34 PM
now i can go get the trans and work on the swap but if ur wrong i'm goin bin laden on ur ass j/k i will just sell the damn thing

black s13
06-03-2004, 11:05 PM
i have a 90 5 speed tranny on a 91 auto engine, in a 90 car. it works fine, fit together perfectly.

and parts guys dont know anything, the guy didnt want to sell me parts for a DOHC engine cause my VIN showed i had a SOHc... he just couldnt understand that it was a swap, oh well.

DuffMan
06-03-2004, 11:11 PM
Yes because I'm sure the junkyard has tried to swap an 89 tranny onto a 91 before. :rolleyes:

All they do is look up the part number, see that they are different and say no. Nissan is the same thing.

The bellhousings do look pretty different, in the way they are cast. However they are the same in terms of bolt pattern and dimensions. Its been done before.

dvdevo
06-04-2004, 01:32 AM
uhhh i have a s14 tranny in my sohc :) It'll work man.

Phoen_x_s14
06-04-2004, 02:08 AM
Swap it in and call it a day. Nissan Dealers are talking out of their azzes or just give a no without bothing to figure it out. Hell the Nissan dealership close to my house were telling me nice car, you know we sell Nismo parts now. But when I asked if they would ever recieve the Nismo GT pro LSD, they were like "LSD?" yeah, Limited Slip Differential. "uh...........no.... but we got the nismo intake for a sentra spec r"

face it, dumbasses shouldn't be selling performance parts, they should be fired and working for autozone looking parts on the computer that don't excist like when I called in for fun and asked if they had "GEAR OIL for my air compressor"... haha dumbazzes, come back 15 mins later after asking the superviser.

knightrider
06-04-2004, 01:04 PM
i wouldnt trust a nissan dealer or a junkyard with any really technical questions unless they have an enthusiest for your car, cuz otherwise, they dont know shit. they might be into cars, but when asking a question like that, they dont know, and dont care to find out for you. oh yea, if ya really wanna fuck with parts guys, call up autozone and tell them you need spark plugs for your voltswagen golf TDI, or a radiator hose for your 69 beetle.

Pacman
06-05-2004, 07:20 PM
You can use the tranny but not the bellhousing as I understand. You gotta use the 91-93 bellhousing if you have a car in those years.

TheTimanator
06-05-2004, 07:48 PM
You can use the tranny but not the bellhousing as I understand. You gotta use the 91-93 bellhousing if you have a car in those years. like 10 people that posted before you said it would work, one of them said he had done it himself. PLUS, the original poster said he was gonna do it regardless what the dealership/junkyards said. And now you come in here saying it won't work. Don't post if you don't know.

Have a nice day! :w00t:

ItzGenX
06-06-2004, 10:00 AM
:smash:
:axe:
:spank:
:Owned: :Owned: :Owned: :Owned: :Owned:

Hahaha! You got told...

Pacman
06-06-2004, 04:00 PM
Wow, someone needs to get laid cause they seem a little grouchy. I didn't read the whole post cause I was too lazy and I posted up cause I thought that I would post it to see if I was right.

And yes, I will have a good day cause I'm going to go to the parts store to get some much needed to parts to get my car running right. Thanks, I hope you have a good day too.