PDA

View Full Version : new harness. no power in KA-t

kdyson91
12-28-2013, 04:10 PM
Hello zilvia,
this is my first post actually. I've had the account for awhile, but I've always found answers by just searching. Until now. So here's my problem.

Front driver wheel came loose. I caught it quick before it came off completely, but the tire rubbed through some of the harness. tried to start afterwards and it wouldn't. turned out the 2 wires on the clutch switch shorted and melted it's shielding completely, as well as melting some of (a lot of) the wires touching them all the way up to the ground behind the driver headlight. I got another harness, installed it, and now I don't have any power except for my interior lights/headlights/brakelights. no lights come on the dash when key is on. no noises. It's been down a few weeks. I've double checked all plugs are good. Good grounds. Good battery. New alternator. Fuses good. Anyone had this problem? Fixes or solutions?

I have searched. A lot. No luck.

Anhell_ito
12-28-2013, 04:36 PM
did you check interior harness?

kdyson91
12-28-2013, 05:06 PM
yes. i found a plug tangled that i guess i missed. but i cant seem to find where it goes. any clue?

MJDalton
12-28-2013, 06:09 PM
Did you verify the fuse-able link is OK? Engine bay, Fuse and relay box near the battery.

kdyson91
12-28-2013, 07:14 PM
The only thing I haven't verified are the relays. No multimeter at the moment. But from what I can see all fuses check out good. All plugs connected. I'm about to take the dash etc off again to make sure everything is hooked up. I've got nothing else.

Just some more small info incase it helps. No door chime. cluster doesn't light up when I turn lights on. emergency flashers do come on though. headlights and interior lights seem to be working. I dont have my headunit plugged in so im not sure about that. No horn because momo steering wheel so im not sure about it.