PDA

View Full Version : Phantom Coolant leak/lose

LuckyRPS13
12-17-2013, 02:37 AM
This is in my 93 vert bone stock drive train, (KA24DE with auto tranny)

I have gone over all the motor, water pump, thermostat, the radiator, and hoses the coolant passes through. My interior stays dry So I would think my heater core is fine as well. Every thing appears dry but I am still loosing about 10 oz a day off coolant.

I am thinking that the loss is through the intake manifold and the coolant is being burned up in small quantities at a time through the exhaust.

Any one else had this issue?

fliprayzin240sx
12-17-2013, 06:10 AM
I've had water line leak that would only show itself when the system is hot and pressurized. Didnt leave a tell tale sign once the car is off/cool down.

LuckyRPS13
12-17-2013, 01:51 PM
This one has no signs any where. I have had blown head gaskets, busted freeze out plugs, pin hole leaks on heater lines, water pump, cracked thermostat housing, even a bad radiator cap. This time it appears that none of that is the issue. Driving me crazy. Oh well as of now I sold the motor to a guy that is going to rebuild it with all fresh hoses, and gaskets ect. so it will get ironed out in the processes. I am dropping in the fresh gaskets, seals, ect, KA I have in my project car with it's 5 speed tranny and the a SR is going in. Sorry if this did not help any one out.