PDA

View Full Version : Running z32 maf as blow through.

Gladman
05-31-2004, 04:27 PM
Will it work?

If i relocate my Z32 maf just before the throttle body will it read the boosted air.

In theory it should work... its a heated element and the compressed air should just increase the cooling effect therefore giving off the same reading...

Reason i want to try is vented BOV and compressor surge.

If i move the MAF closer to the intake, i should be able to vent to atmosphere without any change in how the car runs and compressor surge wont give me any heck.

Thoughts?

mjjstang
05-31-2004, 04:45 PM
im guessing that it wont seeing that would totally eliminate the need (or want) to recirculate bov air and people still do it so I would say it wont work. and IIRC even cooled boosted air is still hotter than atmospheric air. so you would get a bad reading.

Gladman
05-31-2004, 06:00 PM
yes but the heated element is a couple hundred degrees.

hot air compressed to 10psi is going to have a greater cool effect than ambient air...... it might be worth a try who knows.

sr240mike
05-31-2004, 06:30 PM
Quite a few people have done this with good results. You're car won't run rich between shifts with a BOV, and also wont run rich due to boost leaks because most of the time the leaks are before the throttle body after the MAF. The MAF may crap out sooner though do to it being under boost and being plastic. Check out this link. http://forums.freshalloy.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB9&Number=67736577&page=14&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1