PDA

View Full Version : KA24DET stock fuel pressure regulator. please help :(

GreenApple
12-06-2013, 07:03 AM
So I'm working on my KaT and can't seem to comprehend how the fuel pressure regulator works, more over do I need a more efficient one? My current set up is just a to3/to4 50compresser 63turbine Garrett internals, stock fuel rail, stock internals, Cometic MLS headgasket, detchwerks 550cc injectors, walbro 255 as far as fuel related. My goals are about 300horse to the wheel. Will the stock FPR be enough to supply adequate fuel to my stock ka24de rail? Also, I have removed all my emmisions due to me using xcessive intake manifold, that vacuum line out of the for just needs air from the manifold, correct?

Driftwire
12-06-2013, 07:13 AM
My stock FPR keeps getting stuck closed when I hit 10psi on my KaT causing my car to rough start and I have to tap the FPR with a hammer to free it again. Im going to upgrade the system. I dont think youll get to 300 on that setup though. I would upgrade internals. If the motor is in really good shape though youll be fine.

Sorry missed the last question. The fpr needs the vacuum source after the TB so anywhere on the manifold. I also tapped my boost gauge from that as well. I can supply pics of the shit if you need. or if u post pics ill mark them

GreenApple
12-06-2013, 02:24 PM
My ka is 12k original miles. No joke, have papers, internals are flawless. That's why I didn't rebuild. I wasn't sure on how much or how the stock FPR will perform not to mention reliability. Did you go with a aftermarket rail n for??