PDA

View Full Version : Ls1 mount kits witch one???

Bnr32gtr
12-05-2013, 06:10 AM
I've been doing a ton of research on the sikky,daft,fueled racing mount kits. I thought I wanted the sikky v3 but the more I look into it I hear a lot of bad things about the oil pan and filter relocater lines being to long. What do u guy think? I can't make up my mind but I think I should be using the gto pan cuz I never hear any one having oiling problems with the oem pan. I also herd the sikky headers don't make as much power as the daft any one hear/test this yet? Thanks for the input!

blueshark123
12-05-2013, 07:14 AM
You have a lot of false info in your posts.

If you want a good setup go Sikky or fueled if you want a budget friendlier swap go Cxracing they have been changing there kit a lot and fixing all the concerns people had I see.

Never get daft kit worst service ever. People have waited months on end for their orders before. The headers fit like crap also.

2nd off ls1 in general have bad oil starving problems it happens on oem pans the think is a lot of oem setups are in oem cars that dont track or drift as much as a swapped setup car would. Their for you hear about it more on a swapped car with none oem pan.

A sikky pan or fueled pan is designed better then a oem pan because they have baffles to prevent this.

No way does a daft header make more power then sikky header. The biggest header setup is offered by sikky with 1 7/8 runners not like the 1 3/4 runners by daft that u also have to dent in to make space.

I personally went sikky I have no complaints the passenger header is a little lower then the driver, but that's just the way the 240 body is that it doesn't allow it to tuck any higher since the stock body wasn't meant to have two exhaust sides.

blueshark123
12-05-2013, 07:15 AM
Check out silviav8forums.com do some research everything has been covered a million times.

Bnr32gtr
12-05-2013, 07:59 AM
Thanks for the reply! How long have u been running the sikky kit do u daily it? How much track time do u have on it? I wanted the sikky kit but them I talked to a few people at a car show and they had nothing but bad things to say. That why I posted cuz wanted to hear from some one with the sikky kit. Where did u mount the oil filter I herd u need to keep it low or it might get a bubbles? Is this true? And need to keep the line short as possible?

blueshark123
12-05-2013, 08:41 AM
I ran the stock lines provided from sikky I haven't seen any problems or heard of any besides from you now. I would make sure they run it properly since there is a in and out that can be accidentally switched and can cause issues. But the oil mount is like any other oil filter relocaton kit out there nothing special. I can send you a pic just pm me your phone number to send it.

I have ran my kit for almost 3 yrs. I think i have the v2 setup. I have tracked it and dailyed it for 2 months when my daily was under the knife. I also have the solid mounts on my setup with zero issues.

Psychomoongoose
12-05-2013, 08:50 AM
Ya the lines are a little long on the Sikky kit, and the headers do hang a little low. Thats it though, everything else is spot on. I dont daily drive my LS1 S13, but I guess I could. I got a little more than 2000 miles on it and its been totally fine so far. Havent had an issue with getting bubbles in the lines, as far as I know of. Its a pressurized system, Im not sure how you could get bubbles? I have had it installed for about a year, but I really dont drive it too much. Its a 383 (stroker) and it drinks gas up very fast. Also I do a lot of burnouts. A really good thing to do is before you EVEN THINK about driving it hard, get a Tick Performance stage II (at least) rebuild kit for your T-56, as well as a short shifter of your chioce. I have an MGW. ITS FUCKING AWESOME. Before I had these upgrades, it wouldnt shift real well at high RPM, and sometimes even when I shift correctly it would make a little grunch when I banged gears. Since Ive had the Tick stage II kit installed as well as the MGW, it shifts at ANY RPM perfectly and also I have only missed a gear 1 time, and instead of grinding it simply just wont go into gear. If you plan on driving your car hard YOU NEED these upgrades. I drove the tranny 100% stock and it left a lot to be desired.

Bnr32gtr
12-05-2013, 09:00 AM
If u would send a pic please when u have time 443604634four thanks. I was thinking about going solid mounts how bad do the car shake thanks

vipergtsr1000hp
12-05-2013, 09:21 AM
I had a sikky kit on my s14. Everything fitted fine. Headers are 3.5" at the collectors since I had 1 7/8. Clearance sucked. Not low car friendly. Go with 1 3/4 since it has 3" collector. I also have my oil filter near the oem s14 power steering reservoir.

blueshark123
12-05-2013, 10:32 AM
sent pic....

1Day
12-05-2013, 11:30 AM
I have the full Fueled set up: mounts, headers, pan, lines. Todd at Fueled is one of the most helpful guys I've ever talked to. The kits are top of the line and like I've already said customer service at Fueled is 100%. If you have any questions I'll do my best to answer.

Psychomoongoose
12-06-2013, 04:45 PM
If u would send a pic please when u have time 443604634four thanks. I was thinking about going solid mounts how bad do the car shake thanks
The car shakes a little bit, but since its a V configuration engine the shaking is very minimal. Not uncomfortable at all, its actually pleasing.

Z28ricer
12-09-2013, 05:58 PM
I personally went sikky I have no complaints the passenger header is a little lower then the driver, but that's just the way the 240 body is that it doesn't allow it to tuck any higher since the stock body wasn't meant to have two exhaust sides.

Eh ?

https://scontent-b-mia.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/300294_10150449699078593_273853865_n.jpg

wiring specialties
12-16-2013, 08:20 AM
We run a fully sikky kit on our 350z and it works great. I know its not a 240 but i'm sure the quality is the same and people we know that run them haven't had any major issues. We also sell sikky kits that include the wiring harness to get the engine in and running all in one shot

-Brandon