PDA

View Full Version : 93 S13 trying to use the nissan consult part

Linux2501
11-30-2013, 10:50 PM
Alright so I have a problem and here it is,

I have a windows 7 laptop with a legit compuware usb to serial cable and I have an ebay 14 pin nissan consult port with a program called conzult , I have nissan data scan and a few other programs but none seem to be finding the ecu.

now. my car

its a 93 nissan 240sx coupe with a rb20 swap, from a cefiro. I dont think that would be a problem but anyway its supposedly supported by ecu talk.

Has anybody has any success with these things? if not how did you correct it to work? is there a certain way to have the settings on the comp port, yes its the correct port i always change it to com port 1 settings are 9600, 8 none 1, none
anybody have anything else to contribute let me know. I am sure I can bring up hyper terminal and to check and see if i can get a loopback from the tool to make sure its working.

Srsil
11-30-2013, 10:55 PM
A stand alone will fix all problems and u can see what sensors have no out put not trying to be a smart ass

Linux2501
11-30-2013, 11:16 PM
I was thinking about going standalone but I havent really had the money to do so yet, what would you recommend?

Srsil
12-01-2013, 12:08 AM
Nismotronic aem power fc nistune

soundboy
12-01-2013, 04:57 AM
Aem. Ems gets my vote

Sent from my GT-P3110

91EfSi
12-01-2013, 05:03 AM
Im using AEM EMS Series 2 no problems for my RB.

unwtdhero
12-01-2013, 06:42 AM
With a username like Linux you shouldnt be having problems ;)
But more info on your setup?

loushanghan
12-01-2013, 07:27 AM
Im using AEM EMS Series 2 no problems for my RB.http://to.ly/pUrL

Chaluska
12-01-2013, 08:39 AM
MAF>MAP translator, SAFC-III, and a intake air temperature resistor should be all that you need.

Linux2501
12-01-2013, 09:10 AM
With a username like Linux you shouldnt be having problems ;)
But more info on your setup?

Haha, yeah with Linux its pretty straight forward but I really dislike microsoft, but anyway.

my setup consists of a stock 65 ecu I have all kinds of programs that are supposed to work with the nissan conuslt port but when i do the scan for ecu nothing is ever found,

Im using a radio shack gigaware usb to rs232 cable with updated software

and connecting it to the nissan consult port and into the consult port on the car, im using a stock cefiro ecu, im using a wiring specialties harness.

Do i have to have my ecu set to a certain mode for it to show up?

I have a tri booted laptop Ive tried windows 7 and xp and still no dice.

Com port is set to 9600. none 8 and none

ultimateirving
12-01-2013, 10:32 AM
Haha, yeah with Linux its pretty straight forward but I really dislike microsoft, but anyway.

my setup consists of a stock 65 ecu I have all kinds of programs that are supposed to work with the nissan conuslt port but when i do the scan for ecu nothing is ever found,

Im using a radio shack gigaware usb to rs232 cable with updated software

and connecting it to the nissan consult port and into the consult port on the car, im using a stock cefiro ecu, im using a wiring specialties harness.

Do i have to have my ecu set to a certain mode for it to show up?

I have a tri booted laptop Ive tried windows 7 and xp and still no dice.

Com port is set to 9600. none 8 and none

Verify your computer driver says it sees that device under com port one. Because conzult will let you choose between 1 and 3, and oddly enough when i used my wife's laptop, windows showed "2" com1s under that device. ALso the signal is very susceptible to interference, make sure the plug is wired in with decent shielded wire and not near any major power source

Linux2501
12-01-2013, 10:52 AM
Verify your computer driver says it sees that device under com port one. Because conzult will let you choose between 1 and 3, and oddly enough when i used my wife's laptop, windows showed "2" com1s under that device. ALso the signal is very susceptible to interference, make sure the plug is wired in with decent shielded wire and not near any major power source

Its finding the consult port on the computer but when it scans for an ecu it cant find it and it scans and scans till it completes but never finds it.

Here are the programs i have.

codyace
12-01-2013, 07:15 PM
Are you certain the consult port is wired in correctly? 90% of home made swaps don't actually wire it in.

While it won't translate 100% as you have an RB, the concepts are the same:
PLMS SR20 Tuning (http://www.plmsdevelopments.com/tuning.shtml)

Find the wires you need coming off the ECU, splice it into the consult plug, and then see if it works.

Linux2501
12-01-2013, 07:55 PM
It should be since its a wiringspecialties upper and lower harness. Ill email them and ask if its wired to have the consult port to the ecu.

codyace
12-01-2013, 07:56 PM
It should be from them, and I'm sure Yuri will take care of you.

For it not to recognize the ECU (outside of it not being supported, but it should be) is usually always a wiring issue. Com port works or it doesn't.

Linux2501
12-01-2013, 07:59 PM
Thats true and he has, Defiantly buying from him again mainly because of the support.