PDA

View Full Version : Neverending start problems...

COstyle
05-28-2004, 03:51 PM
Ok I have had it with the start problems on my SR. Usually when I start it, it will die out within a few seconds if i dont rev it up. Then if I dont let it warm up for a few it will stall out in the first few minutes of driving at stops. If it does stall out it doesnt usually want to start again until you pull the fuel pump fuse and crank it (flood).

NOW I have a new problem. Generally when its hot outside and the car has been sitting (could be unrelated be it seems that way) It doesn't want start at all. It will turn and fire once like pop and then keep turning without starting. Usually if I catch it and give it gas when I fires it will start. Today it didnt and left me sitting for 15 minutes until I held the gas in and cranked it, then it finally started. Now I have a tuned ECU, 550s, Z32 Maf and fuel pump. Also I have no idle control valve which may play into it, any ideas anyone?? Please Help!! :bash:

aeontony
05-28-2004, 04:02 PM
I think it may benefit you to check the compression on your engine...sounds like you may have low compression.