PDA

View Full Version : Brake project upgrade

fishstix
11-11-2013, 10:00 PM
I bought some rotors off a guy for 20 bones turns out they fit but are too big. So I made some brackets in order to use WRX front calipers, however the wrx front calipers are made to use a 11 5/8 rotor. Anyone know where to get some 11 5/8 rotors for a 4 lug?

mnight
11-11-2013, 11:11 PM
1996-2002 Toyota 4runner is 11 5/8". Or here's these: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/axt-ax5594/overview/
This is a great question for the google.

fishstix
11-12-2013, 11:34 AM
yea those might work. I thought that there were some from an altima or others from a Q or 300z that may have a larger diameter.

Per the google comment, sure there is google or there is a whole web site devoted to the nissan 240sx. I chose the latter. yes i realize i can go searching and searching and searching, and will find out for my self, but then why even sign up to this site, why develop a community to help others if the only answer to anyone's question is " go search google."

Thanks for your info just had to put in my two cents.

thefro526
11-12-2013, 11:51 AM
FWIW, 11-5/8" is ~296mm, and you'll have better luck looking for a 296mm rotor since the car is measured in metric every where else.

There are a handful of Nissan rotors in the 296mm range, Q45's ~2000 model year, R33 Skyline GTS-T, R32 GTR (non-brembo?) and probably some others. As far as rotors that are drilled for 4x114.3 and 296mm OD (with the correct hat dimensions) you might need to have the drilled at a machine shop.

Personally, I'd buy some 5-lug 296mm OD rotors and have them drilled. Or just upgrade to 5-lug. Lol.

mnight
11-12-2013, 12:04 PM
yeah why not just upgrade to 5 lug? More options for sure. Otherwise you will likely have to drill out your 4 lug pattern. Idk many 4 lug cars with that big of brakes.

fishstix
11-12-2013, 12:43 PM
The main answer is money, I am going to go to 5 lug eventually but i cant afford everything at once. I need new rotors asap so i may just get some off rock auto and callit a day for right now. I am currently looking to find some g35 or 350z stock wheels and tires to do a 5 lug swap. plus if i did mount the WRX calipers id need a 17" rim to clear them.

ps anyone out there interested in brackets to do the same? I don't know if someone already makes them but i could have some made at a machine shop don't have a number on cost but its only 4 holes and a little milling.

fishstix
11-12-2013, 12:44 PM
FWIW, 11-5/8" is ~296mm, and you'll have better luck looking for a 296mm rotor since the car is measured in metric every where else.

There are a handful of Nissan rotors in the 296mm range, Q45's ~2000 model year, R33 Skyline GTS-T, R32 GTR (non-brembo?) and probably some others. As far as rotors that are drilled for 4x114.3 and 296mm OD (with the correct hat dimensions) you might need to have the drilled at a machine shop.

Personally, I'd buy some 5-lug 296mm OD rotors and have them drilled. Or just upgrade to 5-lug. Lol.

Do you happen to know how far out of the " proper hat dimensions" i can go with other rotors?

codyace
11-12-2013, 09:57 PM
I wouldn't consider a WRX caliper worthwhile when Q45 and 300zx calipers are readily available. I can appreciate your work and time to make them work, but with so many bolt on options out there, why re invent the wheel?

fishstix
11-13-2013, 12:17 PM
Cuz i dont have money to buy the things i want... trust me this is not my ideal position on a proper brake set up, however you'd be surprised at how easy it would by to run a wrx caliper. All i really need is a rotor big enough. plus I'm thinking the wrx will be fairly competitive running such a larger rotor compared to that of the Q's and Z's. and any other WRX set up then becomes available for a 40 dollar bracket (guessed at what a machine chop would charge)

No i can't afford wheels, tires, rotors, pads for all four, and calipers plus the shit to make the e-brake work all at once. My Dirty Girl is a daily driver I use to get to school and work every day. mostly school.