PDA

View Full Version : Car won't start randomly

Jersthecool
11-06-2013, 06:05 PM
So my car started leaking coolant so I pulled it in the garage today to take a look and started looking at the back of the motor and unplugged the coilpack harness to see back there better. There's a bunch of oil so I couldn't really see any coolant so I thought I'd start it up and check for leaks while it's running. So I reconnect the coilpack harness and all it does is crank for some reason. It's getting fuel you can smell it and the plugs were all wet with fuel and checked spark of all the plugs and coilpacks and they're all giving of a spark. Don't know randomly why it would have a problem starting when it started perfectly fine right before I moved it into the garage then boom nothing. Any ideas?

EDIT: It's on an SR swapped 240 btw

cotbu
11-06-2013, 07:38 PM
Check, the coil pack ground, from head to chassis. Remove the fuel pump fuse, then try starting, if still no start, retrace your steps.

Sent from my Highly Tune Galaxy S3.4!!!

Jersthecool
11-06-2013, 08:12 PM
Yes forgot to mention I regrounded the coilpack ground to make sure and still nothing and the head to chassis ground is good. If I remove the fuel pump fuse won't that make it not start anyways?

cotbu
11-08-2013, 12:37 AM
ideally yes, but we/you don't know why your car isn't starting. So, put the fuel pump fuse back in,(cause so much time has past) try starting the car, if there's still a no start issue, pull the fuel pump fuse. start the car again, if it feels like it wants to fire, press the throttle, once started shut it down, put fuse back in, turn key to start before pump finishes priming. diagnosis: to much fuel, not enough air.

After you fix the no start issue, fix the oil and coolant leak, then or before that, pull the fuel rail and check for leaking injectors or o-rings.

chennizaina
11-08-2013, 06:56 PM
you are right,you fix the no start issue, fix the oil and coolant leak, then or before that, pull the fuel rail and check for leaking injectors or o-rings.thankshttp://to.ly/pUrL