PDA

View Full Version : Need help! Single Cam Issues

s13_Tim
11-06-2013, 09:35 AM
So i just bought an 89 s13 hatch with a single cam, the car is having problems from engine stall when trying to idle and no power getting to the wheels. I drove down the street and the car was jerking and not accelarateing i would have to push the clutch in and rev it up and try dumping it with no results. It also backfires alot and loud. So far with the little cash ive had ive put new NGK plugs in (the old ones were black and dirty) and replaced a radiator hose that would spray when the car would run for to long. My friend that works at Enjuku Racing says that its all vaccum leaks and it would cause that, My friend helping me with the car thinks the timing is off. We tried spraying fluid around the hoses to check for leaks and couldnt find anything. ANY HELP OR IDEAS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

alemuscmk
11-14-2013, 12:08 PM
does sound like its a timing related issue, make shure each wire is on the correct spot in the distributor & on the correct plug

Posted from Zilvia.net App for Android

s13_Tim
11-14-2013, 12:25 PM
Yea my uncle was trying to tighten the chain and it wouldn't tighten anymore. The New plugs I put in I took em back out and 2 out of 4 were black again.

alemuscmk
11-14-2013, 12:33 PM
What do you mean by your uncle trying to tighten the timing chain?? did he take the timing cover off and checked for any chain slack?? it might be that the distributor shaft is off on the timing part

s13_Tim
11-14-2013, 12:43 PM
No he tightened the distributor we took the valve cover off and the chain seems to be tight. We cant move it or anything. We also unplugged two injectors and they didn't make a difference with the car running.