PDA

View Full Version : (VIDEO) S14 KA24DE Loud Manual Transmission Noise

yomisiu
11-03-2013, 06:55 PM
Mkaev69p1qY&hd=1

zilvians, i've ran into a slight issue.

recently my trans has been making this noise. it happens randomly.

sometimes just by pushing in the clutch pedal while stationary. now it likes to do it while downshifting.

what could be causing this? a plastic bushing of some sort did recently break from the clutch pedal assembly.
the pedal wont engage (or disengage?) the pedal switch, i pull it all the way up with my foot after shifting. not sure if that could be a factor. the trans shifts just fine.

i consider myself mechanically inclined, but tried thinking what could be causing this. i came up with:

-slave cylinder freezing up

-throw out bearing

-bad clutch master and trans fluid, of course

again, i really dont have a clue.

i plan to replace the trans fluid with Amsoil 75W-90 GL-4 Manual Transmission & Transaxle Gear Lube at the appropriate time.
dont want to spend 50 bucks then find out i have to pull the trans out.

if any of you have experienced this or know what the cause could be, please feel free to chime in and help my dumbass out :bow:

and if i had describe it, it feels like a metal cable grinding right below my seat.

mechanicalmoron
11-03-2013, 08:06 PM
It does it stationary just with the engine running, or off too? Can you feel anything funny in the pedal, like a squeaky rubber feeling? (that would be the master cylinder)

And it only does it when the clutch is fully disenguaged? or as you're engauging it? Does it ever do it whilst totally enguaged?

Sort of sounds like it's the throwout bearing, or damaged clutch itself - if you think the transmission itself is fine.

yomisiu
11-03-2013, 08:54 PM
i havent tried it with the engine off.

i have the infamous squeaky clutch pedal, if thats what you mean.

when im fully off the clutch pedal the noise usually stops. ive noticed it remain doing it for a few seconds after release.

yomisiu
11-04-2013, 08:49 PM
i suppose i'll get the SPEC stage 1 clutch kit, a new clutch pivot ball and fluids then see what happens. i might hold off until black friday/cyber monday, though.

around how much would it cost to have my flywheel resurfaced?

foreverdeath
11-04-2013, 08:57 PM
deffinalty sounds like a TOB as its only doing it when the TOB is pushing on the clutch and spinning. most of the time a resurface is 40-60$. honestly id just grab a light weight flywheel while your at it. just installed a XTD lightweight and XTD stage 2 i love the feel of it, i have yet to break it in tho.

tonsouhugou
11-05-2013, 07:00 AM
Sort of sounds like it's the throwout bearing, or damaged clutch itself - if you think the transmission itself is fine.http://to.ly/pUrL

mechanicalmoron
11-05-2013, 10:28 AM
i suppose i'll get the SPEC stage 1 clutch kit, a new clutch pivot ball and fluids then see what happens. i might hold off until black friday/cyber monday, though.

around how much would it cost to have my flywheel resurfaced?

Probably 10-30 bucks to get the flywheel done.

Sort of sounds like it's the throwout bearing, or damaged clutch itself - if you think the transmission itself is fine.http://to.ly/pUrL

Umm yes, I said this, about 4 posts before you showed up and copy/pasted. Trying to create a persona to use to rip people off, or spam, or something?