PDA

View Full Version : Injector O ring woes

keepitmovin
05-24-2004, 12:14 PM
So i live in so cal and called several nissan dealers to get some o rings. I get different prices from each and to my understanding there are 3 seals/o ring to an injector, am i right? But the real shock is the price the cheapest i found was at superior nissan for a total of 35 bucks? I thought o rings werent suppose to be that expensive. I heard some stories about using kragan/autozone seals and the quality issues. Also when i call kragen they only say i need 2?Any Any and I mean any input would be appreciated..

BlackS14
05-24-2004, 01:34 PM
Sounds like the dealership is giving you a serious runaround. Over here in Florida (like it matters) I actually just went to the local dealership here and bought 8 new injector o-rings.....four larger (found near the top of the injector) and four smaller (bottom)...all to the tune of $12 and some change. I paid $1.48 for each one.....

The only other seal I can think of (since you said there were three) are the ones that set in grovves milled out in the intake mani where the rail sits into. Not sure how much those are...maybe that is what is killing you pricewise....IMO..I wouldn't bother replacing those.

-Bill

sr240mike
05-24-2004, 06:41 PM
There's two o rings and the injector insulator. You can maybe do without the insulator if yours is still in there and in good condition. Make sure you use some vaseline on those o-rings so they dont get pinched.

keepitmovin
05-25-2004, 12:05 AM
Thanks guy, just FYI for you guys the so cal dealerships are charging a whooping 11.49 (tax included)per injector! On my way to my friends shop i stopped by a NAPA store to discover they had them all in stock for only 4.19 each yay i trust Napa better than the Zone.haha. hope this helps anyone