PDA

View Full Version : 97 Q45, rear O2 connectors missing

daftphunk
10-29-2013, 02:09 PM
Need some input.

I ended up getting a 1997 Q45 last year. Found out that my rear o2 sensors were not plugged in and when I got under there, I found that the PLUGS were missing off the body harness. Either the last owner cut them off or they got ripped off, but I am assuming that he fucking cut them.

Anyways, I need to pass emissions to get my car registered ASAP. I ordered these connectors off of wiring specialties: Rear O2 Sensor Harness Side Connector(Female) (http://wiringspecialties.com/reo2sehasico.html)

Does anybody know what wires I need to match up? The connectors have different color wires than the one on the car obviously and what I tried to wire up did not end up working. I have not been able to find a wiring diagram for these o2s at all and it's very frustrating. I do have a multimeter but I'm not sure exactly where to start with that so if anybody has any ideas/input on that, that would be great.

Anyways, I got under the car and found 1 black, 1 white, 1 yellow/red and 1 green/red wire for the body harness. As far as I am aware, two of the wires are heater wires, one is a ground and one is the signal wire but I am not sure which one is which.

I am hooking up OEM replacement Bosch O2 sensors which have 2 whites, 1 black and 1 grey and according to their website and information I have found, the two whites are the heater wires, the black is the signal and the grey is the ground.

Would appreciate any help on this that I can get, the information for this is so sparse and I need to get this thing passed emissions and registered.