PDA

View Full Version : RB20 coolant flow diagram

specialk2003
10-24-2013, 01:03 PM
Does anyone have, or know where I can find a coolant flow diagram for an RB20? I capped off some the the passages, and the engine runs kinda hot. I just want to make sure I am still getting a good flow of coolant before I start adding all kinds of cooling accessories.

fliprayzin240sx
10-24-2013, 02:18 PM
What did you cap?

When I installed my Greddy Intake manifold on my RB25, I only capped 1 line according to this:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/topic/181826-how-to-greddy-style-plenum-install/

specialk2003
10-24-2013, 02:42 PM
I blocked off the rear coolant passage with an aftermarket sending unit for coolant temp. I also capped off the two coolant passages coming off the lower section of the thermostat housing (I think the large one is for the heater hose, not sure though). And I also capped off the passage to the throttle body, but instead ran that line to a swirl pot. I am running a Koyo for a KA, and want to get a dual pass radiator and add an oil cooler, but I want to make sure that I'm not just putting a band aid on a situation that will get worse.

Oh, and I capped off the line coming off the rear of the intake manifold (coolant feed for turbo iirc), as well as the exhaust side of the block (should be the return for the coolant from turbo). I am currently running a turbo that does not have coolant passages.

specialk2003
10-26-2013, 09:51 AM
Anyone have a diagram for coolant flow?

fliprayzin240sx
10-26-2013, 02:10 PM
If you're not running the water heater line, I think you need to atleast connect the coolant line at the back of the block to the back of the thermostat housing. This should help to let the coolant from the back of the engine flow back and mix with the cooler coolant flowing in from the radiator.