PDA

View Full Version : SR20det wont start HELP PLEASE

Suprareal
10-23-2013, 12:45 AM
Stock s13 SR blacktop stock internals

Okay so i was tuning on my AEM stand alone and did my own tune, had a good street tune everything was running great. I never ran lean. I went about 250 miles in one day everything was good.
I converted to MAP to use my ems by the way.
Then i set my limiter to backfire and spit flames at around 5500 rpm for a few revs because some ricer kept revving behind me at a meet so i attempted to burn his bumper.
Then cylinder one started clacking immediately (hard to explain) so i shut off and started 30 min later and the clacking stopped but i was running on 3 cylinders.
With my laptop out i turned off cylinder ones injector and it ran the same nothing changed. But at slight revs it would ping in cylinder one not knock just quickly ping once everytime you give it a little gas. I could drive the car like this but obviously wont. It was running idle at 2k rpm and rich about 10-11 at idle on 3 cylinders.

WHAT I TRIED:
Checked if my spark plug broke off into the cylinder and it did not.
I set my ignition back to stock on the computer and it dident change anything. I check my ignition timing with the light and its perfect. Did a compression test and its good. Leakdown test cylinder 2 has a slight leak. i swapped around coilpacks and the ping still is in cylinder 1. pulled off fuel rail to see if any would leak when the pump primed and nothing came out. Nothing came out when cranking either.

In attempt to see if my tune was the problem i put back in my stock ecu, plugged the maf back in, changed the stock cas disk back in. Unplugged the map. Put everything back to stock.
Then i tried starting it and it wont start at all anymore. It cranks and sometimes black smoke will puff out the exhaust and sometimes white smoke. i let it sit for hours and tried again and nothing. This is how it currently sits.

I have not yet tested my spark, cas, ignitor, or coilpacks beacuse of the fact it was starting fine on my tune.

If someone has some ideas to check please let me know!

brndck
10-23-2013, 05:53 AM
when you say "compression is good", exactly what number are you referring to?

what are your leakdown numbers?

Suprareal
10-23-2013, 09:51 AM
when you say "compression is good", exactly what number are you referring to?

what are your leakdown numbers?

Compression is 150 across.
I don't have a actual leak down tester. I hooked up my compression tester lower half and plugged my air compressor into that and listened for leaks and cylinder 2 is the only obvious leak but it's not horrible bad if that makes sense. I need to get a leak down kit to be accurate but I don't think this would be my problem but correct me if I'm wrong

codyace
10-23-2013, 05:06 PM
Pop your valve cover off and see if you have a rocker arm that came off from your homebrew rev limiter thing. You can have perfect compression and leakdown and still hvae a rocker not pushing the valves down.

Suprareal
10-23-2013, 05:21 PM
Pop your valve cover off and see if you have a rocker arm that came off from your homebrew rev limiter thing. You can have perfect compression and leakdown and still hvae a rocker not pushing the valves down.
That makes sense i dident think about that. Im gonna pop the cover off today and take a look and post back here. thanks

Joelabdik
10-23-2013, 05:49 PM
maybe this is a dumb suggestion, but have you checked your ignitor? You can use a test light and verify that the power is being sent through the ignitor. One plug is the constant power, the other is the receiving end. check which has constant power, then see if all 4 prongs on the other side have power flashing through them during ignition. again, might be a dumb idea..

cotbu
10-23-2013, 11:01 PM
I'm with codyace on this one, sounds just like a broken rocker arm case to me.

Suprareal
10-24-2013, 10:50 PM
Okay you guys were definitely right about the rocker arm. It was the exhaust side closest to the front. I cant find the other pieces so hopefully i find them when i take off the oil pan. It scratched up my cam lobe a little but nothing to worry about.
If anyones got any tips on replacing the rocker let me know!

http://i1163.photobucket.com/albums/q558/suprareal/IMG_4423_zpsa33ebaf9.jpg

cotbu
10-25-2013, 12:11 AM
Guide and shims awol too? Only thing I recommend is an oil flush afterwards, 50miles or so then new oil and filter. You should judge it on the amount of missing, and or ground down metal. My opinion! ;)

Sent from my Highly Tune Galaxy S3.4!!!

Suprareal
10-25-2013, 12:47 AM
Guide and shims awol too? Only thing I recommend is an oil flush afterwards, 50miles or so then new oil and filter. You should judge it on the amount of missing, and or ground down metal. My opinion! ;)

Sent from my Highly Tune Galaxy S3.4!!!

Ill deffiinatly judge that after i take the oil pan off and see what i find in there haha flush for sure