PDA

View Full Version : Car doesn't run..why?

s13_whoa
10-19-2013, 04:58 PM
Hey everyone so i have a 93 s13 & this is what happened, i got my car from a body shop after it was completed. The was sitting about 2-3 weeks. When i got there he says the battery is dead & i need a new one. So we jumped it and it started up and i went home. Car drove fine. After an hour i started my car by using this power station thing that connects to the battery. Took 5 mins till it started 2 trys. I then drove it to a batt store to test it and the car died while driving and i pushed it to the gas station which was nextto me luckily. Filld up with gas and started but died 3 secs later. Push started it and drove it around the block to see if it stays on, couldn't go passed 40 mph cause it felt like it was gunna die on me and was shaky. Took it home & now no more starts. Today i tested for spark and i do have spark and the car started up i turned it off and turned it on again like 4-5 times and it started no problem then the 6th & 7th try no start. Just cranksover. I feel that its a fuel problem , should i replace fuel filter and pump or is that not only the cause of this situation. My instructor at school says my batt starter and alternator is fine just to let you know. Any help will be much appreciated. I want my car running again

s13_whoa
10-19-2013, 05:00 PM
Ohh and i picked up the car from the shop about a week ago which is when all that happened

partemisio
10-20-2013, 06:26 AM
Since you have spark the next thing to test is fuel pressure.

s13_whoa
10-20-2013, 12:34 PM
Since you have spark the next thing to test is fuel pressure.

How do i test for that?

fliprayzin240sx
10-20-2013, 12:37 PM
Since its electrical...start by checking all your fuses. Both inside the engine bay and kick panel. Did your instructor got the battery to tested to see if its good?

s13_whoa
10-20-2013, 12:51 PM
Since its electrical...start by checking all your fuses. Both inside the engine bay and kick panel. Did your instructor got the battery to tested to see if its good?

Okay ill do that today. & no not yet i have school tomorrow and ima take it with me, i bought a brand new battery cause I thought that was the problem the day all this happened but if my old batt is good ima return the new one