PDA

View Full Version : 350z goes into limp mode after WOT??

ShakotanGazelle
10-13-2013, 10:38 PM
So I've searched about this everywhere and cant find anything about this issue anywhere. I can beat the shit out of my car relentlessly all day and nothing will happen at all. As soon as I go WOT the car falls flat on its face, goes into limp mode, and will stay that way until I shut off the car for a couple minutes and/or reset the ECU. Please help guys!!!

03 Performance Model 350Z, 6MT 97k. Only mods are the AEM CAI, test pipes and a HKS true dual replica exhaust.

JBPUSA
10-13-2013, 11:25 PM
1.How do u know it goes into limp mode?
2.So when ur beating the shit out of it ,its not at WOT?
3.Have you scanned for codes?
4Have you ran over puddles recently? The cold air filter getting wet will hit the MAF sensor and will make it fall flat on its face.

So I've searched about this everywhere and cant find anything about this issue anywhere. I can beat the shit out of my car relentlessly all day and nothing will happen at all. As soon as I go WOT the car falls flat on its face, goes into limp mode, and will stay that way until I shut off the car for a couple minutes and/or reset the ECU. Please help guys!!!

03 Performance Model 350Z, 6MT 97k. Only mods are the AEM CAI, test pipes and a HKS true dual replica exhaust.

sleepyS14se
10-14-2013, 11:36 AM
i am unable to beat my car without staying WOT.

you have an odd problemo...check the ecu codes and see what comes up

ShakotanGazelle
10-14-2013, 06:26 PM
1.How do u know it goes into limp mode?
2.So when ur beating the shit out of it ,its not at WOT?
3.Have you scanned for codes?
4Have you ran over puddles recently? The cold air filter getting wet will hit the MAF sensor and will make it fall flat on its face.

1. it feels as i have no power and it won't rev past 2500 rpms
2. yes, when i drive it hard(not WOT) it runs fine, as soon as floor it itll go into limp mode
3. i reset the ecu so only my cruise control code came up, ill do it again tomorrow and pull the codes again.
4. sorry i meant AEM short ram intake, not a cold air. but regardless, it hadnt rained for weeks before this morning.

cbcm2435
10-14-2013, 06:33 PM
is your MAF dirty? that may cause it, there is alot of things that would cause it, your best bet would be take it to a nissan dealership since they can view all the data from the ecu, and see the fuel trim and everything else, cars now adays are pretty hard to trouble shoot without the manufacturer scan tool