PDA

View Full Version : run without a maf?

TK1999
05-19-2004, 10:08 AM
stupid quest but how would a DOHC run witout a maf,?

ran my SOHC without a maf, could really tell the difference at first than the iddling started to bounce around like a crazy whore!

Ghettokracker71
05-19-2004, 11:29 AM
I have a MAF that I could sell you for real cheap that doesn't really let the car idle all that well? Lol...beats me on your question.

the head
05-19-2004, 12:17 PM
should have a limp home setting that will engage a 2500 rpm revlimiter if MAF is unhooked

TK1999
05-19-2004, 04:19 PM
ahh ohh good stuff common, people post more i needa learn!

lol it seems iddling problem is cmmon for the 240 no? most people i know had or have this problem

Ghettokracker71
05-19-2004, 04:25 PM
Idle problem for the S13 DOHC is common,yes. Get some rubbing alcohol,and take your MAF off,and use some Q-tips and scrub that sucker down boy! Make sure to let it dry before reinstalling. Also take some electric contact cleaner and give a small,and I do mean the tiniest of squirts on your connector(make sure thats dry,too.)

Look at your fuel filter,how dirty is it? Another thing that can make a nice difference is to replace that. Use a 300zx fuel filter. (I used napa brand,the turbo and N/A were the same part number,I can't remeber what year it was though,just pop your hood and make sure they are the same size before you leave the parts store:))

Another thing that GREATLY helped my S13 was running Seafoam through it.

My reccomendation: 1/2 bottle in the brake booster line (while car is running) other half in the crankcase(with your oil) and a whole bottle in the gas tank. Do this 500mis. before an oil change.

EDIT:When the car is running,take of the vaccume line to the brake booster and let the hose suck up the stuff,and let the car sit for an hour,then drive around at NORMAL RPMs until it stops smoking (might take a while;And will smell like shit.)