PDA

View Full Version : sr20det stalls and dies at decellerating!!!!!

igotswansons
05-18-2004, 09:25 PM
hey guys.. heres the problem.. first off.. its not atmospheric bov!!! i had an old sr20det that i took out recently.. it was running with a blitz bov atmospheric.. the car would stall all the time when i would decellerate and let the rpm drop... it would die some of the time but not all... then i took out the longblock and replaced it with a new one and used all the old accessories like the maf, tps, bov, ect..with the new sr20det with the bov, the car stalls and dies everytime now when i drive and let off the throttle... i thot it was the bov so i bought a hks safr with eids to remedy this... it didnt work.. so i took out the damn bov and ran a straight pipe with no bov at all.. drove around and when i let off the throttle, the car still stalls all the way down to 3k and almost dies.. im figuring it would have died if i drove it more.. so its not the bov.. is it iacv, tps or maf??? i checked the maf.. i think its good..u guys let me know.... i really need this fixed..

TokyoNights
05-18-2004, 10:00 PM
Its propably a small vacuum leak somewhere,,check all the lines going to the nipples on the tb. Check all the hoses and ic pipes also.

weitau
08-12-2004, 10:54 PM
check your MAF connectors and your wiring. I had your problems, and I had a loose MAF connector.

Drift Style S14
08-13-2004, 12:56 AM
sounds like your leaning out? am i wrong on this?

sr240mike
08-13-2004, 01:27 AM
what is the voltage on the tps at idle? Also could be the iacv. My car used to stall all the time until I adjusted base idle to 1000rpms.