PDA

View Full Version : Seat options - Tall guy needs help!

solo_ryder
09-27-2013, 07:35 PM
I have searched for weeks and I still cant seem to find the right option.

I have a zenki with a sunroof and headroom and legroom suck. I have long legs so im pretty cramped and get hip pain after a long drive because my foot has to be positioned in a certain way to use the gas pedal. Its unfortunate.

Anyways, I want to get a aftermarket reclinable seat that will possibly slide back just a tad further and sit lower. Im 6'4 and have a 36" waist.

I hear that bride seats sit low and I have heard that they are for people that are bulimic as well. I have read recaro speed and SRD do not sit low.. What options do I have.. I need something fairly comfortable as I do alot of driving.

As for a rail I understand bride MO, nagisa and buddy club super low rails are good.. Side mount rails probably wont work I assume as the seat I need will be wider then what will fit in the side mount rails.

So, what do you guys recommend? I am open to OEM options as well like EVO recaros, DC5 seats etc

Sileighty_85
09-27-2013, 08:24 PM
theres already a few threads on here that cover this topic

solo_ryder
09-27-2013, 08:32 PM
If youd be so kind as to link me, ive looked at dozens but nothing seems to be concrete its all theories and people that are 5'6 talking about how they are so low they cant see past the hood.

BlackZenkiS14
09-27-2013, 08:37 PM
Bride FG rails and a Zeta III, no knockoffs. Buy these real parts and mount the seat in the rails on the lowest setting.

Buddy club and Nagasi rails aren't nice enough or low enough.

I have a sunroof on my s14 and a roll cage. And have no trouble in my car with a helmet. And I sit like I'm 6'4" because I have a crazy long torso.

You'll never find a bottom mount seat that will fit comfortably without doing work to your chassis and removing the cat hump.

solo_ryder
09-27-2013, 08:56 PM
Bride FG rails and a Zeta III, no knockoffs. Buy these real parts and mount the seat in the rails on the lowest setting.

Buddy club and Nagasi rails aren't nice enough or low enough.

I have a sunroof on my s14 and a roll cage. And have no trouble in my car with a helmet. And I sit like I'm 6'4" because I have a crazy long torso.

You'll never find a bottom mount seat that will fit comfortably without doing work to your chassis and removing the cat hump.

Yea I have been considering removing the hump. I will keep that as a last ditch option

ryandriftingfat
09-28-2013, 12:02 AM
Just getting a seat will help. They are usually more thin than a stock seat so you can go lower and further back. The cushions set over time too so it gets better with use. Get a bucket. I'm 6'2, 34" waist. Sparco Pro 2000 with Bride FG.

Side-mount is usually the lowest sitting rails, that's the Bride FG, Circuit Sports, Nagisa style. Seat has to be side-mount as well, tends to be a feature on higher end seats.

e1_griego
09-28-2013, 12:11 AM
Depends on the seat. If you need a wider seat (Evo 2, evo 2 plus, etc) then none of the off-the-shelf rails will work because they are meant for narrower seats. At that point you need to find a friend with a welder and some fab skill (or a shop) to build you a rail.

If you can fit in the narrow seats then the nams/bride/buddy club rails will work for you. Bride MO is the seat bracket for bottom mount seats.

solo_ryder
09-28-2013, 01:55 PM
Depends on the seat. If you need a wider seat (Evo 2, evo 2 plus, etc) then none of the off-the-shelf rails will work because they are meant for narrower seats. At that point you need to find a friend with a welder and some fab skill (or a shop) to build you a rail.

If you can fit in the narrow seats then the nams/bride/buddy club rails will work for you. Bride MO is the seat bracket for bottom mount seats.

Ok so bride MO rail is the way to go, thats the lowest bottom mount rail.

I have been looking into it more and alot of guys are running evo2 and evo2 plus. I havent really considered a fixed bucket but I will look into it more

BlackZenkiS14
09-28-2013, 06:47 PM
I seriously think fixed bucket with a side mount is your only realistic option.