PDA

View Full Version : boggin idle!!!!help!!!

dnbwithweed
05-14-2004, 07:59 PM
Ok..so i just got an oil change and 15 minutes later im driving and my car starts to idle weird..it would go up to 1200 then 300 and so forth..then my check engine light came on...i talked to my friend and he said that it could be the oil filter is not on tight...i doubt thats the problem...One more thing is that i ued 5w -40 motor oil...and i saw 10w-40.If they used 10w-40 would that mess it up? Ack!What could it be?HELP!

dnbwithweed
05-14-2004, 09:56 PM
help?!anyone? :bash:

drift freaq
05-14-2004, 10:45 PM
could be a clogged aiv valve, interesting it started after the oil change. changing oil would not casuse the problem though.

DJ_Sunrise
05-14-2004, 10:51 PM
if ur running anything but 10s-30 get that shit out of your car. use only quaker state or pennzoil, they are pennsylvania crude...remember.. arabian oils = slow sludging and cement, yes u heard me.. cement build up in engine. well.. theres a lotta crap that could be wrong with the idle. 240 owners say clean the MAFS,(easy), IAV(no idea what that means) among others for improved idle..for now just try to tighten the oil filter, and make sure u arent running anything but 10-30. check ur air intake that theres nothing blocking it and the MAFS. if you dont know wtf your doing, download a FSM (factory service manual) they are here somewhere, just search. email me if u need anything else. btw, replacing my fuel filter and O2 sensor helped me a shitload with my idle, also cleared up my exhaust note. ($40 for the two, well worth it)

~Sunrise

dnbwithweed
05-14-2004, 11:47 PM
thanks...ill check....

jtt220
05-15-2004, 01:11 AM
remember.. arabian oils = slow sludging and cement///make sure u arent running anything but 10-30///replacing my fuel filter and O2 sensor ...cleared up my exhaust note.

uuhh..dont listen to this guy, he's obviously a complete idiot...

Did you have your oil change done at a quick lube shop?