PDA

View Full Version : Car staying on...

TunerElite
09-01-2013, 07:20 PM
Hey guys, I recently did a 95 dohc to my 90 s13. the problem I'm having now is that when turn the key into ignition and then turn it off the cluster and power to the windows stay on, when the car is started and idled, then turned off everything else shuts off aswell. If I turn the car to ignition and off the only way it turns off is if I disconnect the battery and reconnect it. Just wondering if any of you had the same issue or know what could be causing it? I believe it's either a bad ground or a missing ground. Any input would help. Thank you

kennedy8383
09-02-2013, 08:02 PM
If i'm right that 95 dohc are not the same s13. The harness are different. Usually if disconnect the battery the car should not shut off because the alternator keep it running. I don't think it ground problem because if goes bad the car wouldn't start. You might have install something wrong with the electrical.

TunerElite
09-03-2013, 07:45 AM
Car is a 90. The engine is a 95. But I've used all other s13 dohc parts from a 93. The harness and everything is good that I know of, but I'm thinking it might be something I left unplugged. Do you happen to know where the ground points are on the s13?

Mikester
09-03-2013, 08:10 AM
There is a ground wire on the main harness between the fuse box & firewall that you forgot to connect or did not provide a good enough chassis ground. Had the very same issue.

TunerElite
09-03-2013, 09:15 AM
There is a ground wire on the main harness between the fuse box & firewall that you forgot to connect or did not provide a good enough chassis ground. Had the very same issue.

Thank you. I will try that today. It's the wire that connects to the alternator housing correct?

Driftwire
09-03-2013, 09:18 AM
I had that problem turned out it was my ECU

Mikester
09-03-2013, 10:08 AM
Thank you. I will try that today. It's the wire that connects to the alternator housing correct?

Depends on where it's located. Just check the harness for ANY black wires that have terminal lugs on them... and the ones that are connected- Make sure they are indeed grounded.