PDA

View Full Version : Deathly low idleing KA

DJ_Sunrise
05-13-2004, 06:45 PM
So i was driving to school today, i got on the highway, and as i was in neutral coming up to a stop light, my tach was bouncing around between 100 and 500 rpm. It still drove, and refused to stall on its own. its S13 with 138xxx miles. The car has a recent tunep, all vacuum lines, fuel lines, oil and fuel filters, spark plugs, spark plug wires. I replaced my O2 sensor and coolant temp sensor and still nothing. btw, i get about 10MPG if that has anything to do with it. I do smell a weird smell coming from my car, hell several different ones, but no discolored smoke. Could my cat be melted inside? I hate being a total :newbie: but how much does it cost to have a cat replaced? :bash:

I was thinking.. maybe the exhaust is clogged up, and when i let the engine run a little, all the shit slowly flows outta there, because my rpms to clear up into the low 700s once in a while.. anyone got a spare cat laying around???
:wtc:

~Sunrise

drew935
05-13-2004, 07:14 PM
Clean the Tb, check the engine codes by putting the ecu into diagnostic mode. The Maf could be bad. I have the same problem. First time was the maf, not sure about this time. :barf:

DJ_Sunrise
05-14-2004, 07:46 AM
i was thinking.. could it be my fuel injectors??? could they cause all this trouble? if it is the injectors, what do you guys recommend?

~Sunrise