PDA

View Full Version : saab t3 on diy ka-t

SR240DET
05-13-2004, 12:50 AM
at the junk yard looking for a good turbo i found a 1989 saab 9000 with a t3 45 compressor wheel and may only be capable of producing about 15 Lbs./min air flow (max 22lbs @ 154Krpm) at its greatest efficiency... also found the APC boost control... (read below to find out what saab APC is..)

well what do you guys thinK? i might go with this turbo.... im looking for 200 - 250 to the wheels.. anything around that range ill be happy :D

"The Saab APC is an electronic turbo boost control system found on 900 and 9000 Saab turbos. It is a well-designed, adjustable electronic turbo boost control system that works largely independently of the various other controls on the engine, requiring only three inputs: manifold vacuum/pressure, an rpm signal from the coil, and knock sensor information. Unlike the aforementioned manual boost controllers, the APC controls boost via its built-in electronic routines, plus if pinging is detected, the APC will back off the boost in 1.5 psi increments. One nice feature of the APC is that the amount of boost is adjustable, so one can adjust it in increments from mild to wild."

Mr. Spool
05-13-2004, 05:08 AM
the apc does not sound like a bad way to go, do you have any more info on it.

SR240DET
05-13-2004, 09:11 AM
the apc does not sound like a bad way to go, do you have any more info on it.

thats all for now.. ill pm you or update when i find out more... also.. there is a audi guage cluster assembly with a computer i found.. i dont know much about it being that there is no writing on it... but eh....