PDA

View Full Version : Engine Parts Help

Mustangs Suck
05-11-2004, 10:05 PM
Well my engine is all crappy...stutters/hesitation when you have it floored, has the ever elusive timing chain knock, and it sputters when it's in nuetral after it's warmed up - once in a great while it'll even die when it starts sputtering from 800 rpm's and below.

I've read up on these problems on a few 240 sites and have put together a list of things I most likely need to replace to get the engine running gorgeously again. It has 163,000 miles on it BTW.

So here's my list:
Distributor Cap/Rotor
550cc Injectors
High spark spark plugs
Nology spark plug wires
TB cleaned out
AIV cleaned out
EGR valve - new
O2 sensor - new
PCV Valve - new
Timing Chain - new
Engine re-timed
Walbro Fuel Pump - Installed

As for the Walbro FP - I have one on the way, and the 550cc injectors - I plan on rebuilding the engine in awhile and making it a KA-T - so that explains that. Everything else is stock crap.

My question is where would be the best place to all these parts for cheaper, but brand new? I went to Auto Zone and the timing chain kit was $470.00 which is ridiculous.

The Walbro Fuel pump, 550cc injectors, re-timing of the engine, AIV and TB cleaned out I already know where to go for and what not, but for the following I have no clue

Timing Chain Kit
Nology Wires
EGR valve
PCV valve
02 sensor

Anywhere I can go that can just get most of the list wiped off all at once that won't rape my bank account?

Thanks for the help.