PDA

View Full Version : Annoying radio whine..

Galaxy _S14
08-18-2013, 09:30 PM
So i installed my new radio worked for a couple days now i have this annoying rpm whine coming from my speakers. And it gets weirder because it only happens when I use my aux jack with my phone and I have to have my phone plugged into my cigarette port or it sounds like echoes.. Im stumped

Sent from my SPH-D710BST using Tapatalk 4

PureRush
08-18-2013, 09:32 PM
I have one thats a high pitch whine that increases with rpm

SQUAREroot
08-18-2013, 09:33 PM
Pick a new ground for your stereo/amp. Thats usually the main cause. If that doesnt solve your issue, which it may not given your unique problem, look into an inline noise suppressor/ loop isolator. That should help with the AUX cable.

EDIT: Heres a good place to start looking for some (http://www.12volt-travel.com/mobile-audio-video-accessories-noise-suppressor-isolators-c-7_479.html)

Galaxy _S14
08-18-2013, 09:58 PM
Pick a new ground for your stereo/amp. Thats usually the main cause. If that doesnt solve your issue, which it may not given your unique problem, look into an inline noise suppressor/ loop isolator. That should help with the AUX cable.

EDIT: Heres a good place to start looking for some (http://www.12volt-travel.com/mobile-audio-video-accessories-noise-suppressor-isolators-c-7_479.html)

I'll try that tomorrow so the factory amp ground might be bad... Hmmmm ok

Sent from my SPH-D710BST using Tapatalk 2

SQUAREroot
08-18-2013, 10:10 PM
I'll try that tomorrow so the factory amp ground might be bad... Hmmmm ok

Its not that its "bad" so to speak, its just there could be a lot of other things grounded in the same location. So its good to check all your radio system grounds. If you have an amp, check that and obviously check your harness for your radio adapter to make sure the ground wire is a solid connection.

Other than that, you probably just need a loop isolator.

Broadfield
08-18-2013, 11:56 PM
What brand/model radio is it?

Felipe
08-19-2013, 12:48 AM
Yup check gounds... Relocate if posible.

dawagarage
08-19-2013, 12:57 AM

was thinkin the same thing.

sounds like interference to me and first thing i'd do is check that ground

Galaxy _S14
08-19-2013, 04:43 AM
Sony explode

Driftwire
08-19-2013, 06:55 AM
^ thats why lol.

Usually if you run an amp and shit and have the power and ground wires located right against the RCA preouts and stuff you get interference. Just move the wiring and ground to a bolt. Make sure the connections are secure.

Galaxy _S14
08-19-2013, 07:46 AM
^ thats why lol.

Usually if you run an amp and shit and have the power and ground wires located right against the RCA preouts and stuff you get interference. Just move the wiring and ground to a bolt. Make sure the connections are secure.

I know that but this the factory amp... I've has several radios and used the same ground and never had this issue

mechanicalmoron
08-21-2013, 02:10 PM
My cigarette lighter powered CB does that sometimes, and I just got a cigarette lighter ipod charger, and when it's plugged it and playing through my aux cable, it does that.

I'm guessing it's a poor quality cigarette lighter adaptor, and/or a poorly chosen ground that they put the lighter socket on. You're hearing the RF output of your spark plugs, picked up by either a ground that happens to flow the same way as something that's picking up the RF like an antenna, or the hot wire is acting like an antenna.

Galaxy _S14
08-21-2013, 04:02 PM
My cigarette lighter powered CB does that sometimes, and I just got a cigarette lighter ipod charger, and when it's plugged it and playing through my aux cable, it does that.

I'm guessing it's a poor quality cigarette lighter adaptor, and/or a poorly chosen ground that they put the lighter socket on. You're hearing the RF output of your spark plugs, picked up by either a ground that happens to flow the same way as something that's picking up the RF like an antenna, or the hot wire is acting like an antenna.

Mine does the opposite if it's not plugged in my speakers sound muffled and the volume is extremly low

mechanicalmoron
08-21-2013, 04:09 PM
Mine does the opposite if it's not plugged in my speakers sound muffled and the volume is extremly low

You mean if the cigarette charger isn't plugged in, it's muffled? But it doesn't wine that way?

I'm confused.

Galaxy _S14
08-21-2013, 04:12 PM
It wines with the charger in or out. But if i don't have it plugged in and my phone on the charger everything is so low you can't hear and echoing like crazy

mechanicalmoron
08-21-2013, 04:17 PM
It wines with the charger in or out. But if i don't have it plugged in and my phone on the charger everything is so low you can't hear and echoing like crazy

Ahh well nevermind then.

What everyone else said.... check your wiring, and amp/head grounds. Make sure that power wires don't run alongside speaker wires. If everything's good, still change ground locations, until you find it.

Galaxy _S14
08-21-2013, 07:14 PM
Well found out what is was... I feel stupid about it but it was my aux cord smh.. Face palm

(Went from a integra to a s14... 8 years of my life wasted)