PDA

View Full Version : Clocking RB20 Turbo

kpjo4
08-14-2013, 02:01 PM
I have the ceramic wheel t3 flanged RB20 turbo, is the exhaust (turbine) side clockable? I've been searching numerous forums and I understand that the exhaust side is typically hard to turn but I've been beating the turbine side for a while + pb blaster and not even a single budge.

kpjo4
08-16-2013, 03:39 AM
bumpe... anyone?

cotbu
08-18-2013, 12:55 AM
Loosen the bolts first!

Sent from a Highly Tuned SIII using Tapatalk HD

fliprayzin240sx
08-18-2013, 06:53 AM
Better yet, just knock it off first, then put it back on to where you need it. Just remember, you want the oil drain pointed down.

anti tyler
08-18-2013, 07:13 AM
Of course you can clock both sides, I don't really see too big of a point to clock the exhaust side unless you built a manifold that points sideways.

And if you haven't already read to loosen the bolts, I DEFINITELY wouldn't be beating on it.... if you can't move it after a few turns of the backplate bolts, then you have rust and corrosion between the seams, which potentially means you have rust and corrosion inside the housing also.

let everyone know exactly which turbo you have. who knows, maybe it's that special one with locking pins and tabs to keep it from vibrating the housing or something fancy.

kpjo4
08-18-2013, 03:35 PM
It's the RB20 with the ceramic wheel and t3 flange. I'm running the turbo on one on my BMWs for drifting. Of course the bolts are loose and I gave the housing a couple of whacks with a rubber mallet, next step will probably be torching.