PDA

View Full Version : HELP-engine bogging

Aze85
05-10-2004, 04:09 PM
I have 95 240 base model. I bought the car over a year ago and soon after i bought it the engine started to bog/stutter. when the engine is cold it wont happen, but as soon as it warms up it will bog. also the kid i bought it from had the thermostat removed. As soon as i reinstalled it, the car over heated. I ended up installing a new radiator and i still dont ha ve a thermostat. pain in the ass to put back in. The bogging occurs over the entire rpm range, but between 3k-4k it is better. When it bogs, there is an astronimical loss of power. What could it be? timing? i dunno so any help would be greatly appreciated.

West
05-10-2004, 04:11 PM
Get a Voltometer and check the connections of the Injectors, they should be about 11 ohm current.

Aze85
05-10-2004, 05:10 PM
TY for the advice. I didnt hink of that.

Matt_240
05-11-2004, 12:24 AM
heres what i did:

1. check tps
2. change fuel filter
3. change o2 sensor
4. change maf
5. change injectors
6. remove egr
7. checked for vacumn leaks
8. checked rotor and cap
9. changed distributor
10. changed spark plugs and wires
11. checked continuity from sensors to ecu
12. checked all sensors to see if they are working.
13. changed air temp sensor
14. list goes on....

most of the stuff here i just borrowed from a working car to see if it was the problem. mine had to be trial and error because there was no cel.

my problem ended up being with the harness. around the area of the injectors. try starting your car and then jiggling the harness. one of my wires were faulty and weren't sending the signal to the ecu. when it was cold it ran good but 3 min later as the engine warms up, it would bog.

does a cel come up?

Mr. Spool
05-11-2004, 04:32 PM
I have the same problem only after driving and then turning the car off. if I then drive it allittle it works okay. any thoughts.

Aze85
05-11-2004, 07:21 PM
the Cel flashes on and off. some times its on for a while sometimes its off dfor a while. thanks for the advice guys, really appreciate it. BTW what is egr?

Matt_240
05-11-2004, 11:15 PM
the Cel flashes on and off. some times its on for a while sometimes its off dfor a while. thanks for the advice guys, really appreciate it. BTW what is egr?

its the exhaust gas recirculating valve. you dont really need it cause its purely for emissions. it has a bunch of vacumn lines hooked up to it so by removing it, you eliminate some vacumn lines.

Mr. Spool
05-12-2004, 05:28 AM
were is this located at. I need to get rid of some vacuum hoses.

BlackS14
05-12-2004, 06:00 AM
were is this located at. I need to get rid of some vacuum hoses.

It's located near the firewall and bolted to the rear of the intake manifold. I think there is like three solenoids in total. I removed everything to do with egr and even had a custom blockoff plate fabricated and bolted it down...you should see the room I have to work back there now if need be!!!

-Bill

khemix
05-12-2004, 08:20 AM
check the o2 sensors. That was the problem on my old car.

Chris