PDA

View Full Version : crazy afr readings

zackt25
08-08-2013, 08:47 PM
i have a s13 sr20 blacktop w/fmic kit, hks bov, and a 3 inch downpipe and 2.5 in exhaust and manual boost controller and i have a new fuel filter and new exhaust mani gaskets. all other is stock. my boost is up to 9-10. my wideband is installed correctly and my afr are crazy. at idle there about 14.8 but they randomly lean out. but the whole time the car doesnt change idle or run ability. cruising they are rich like 11-13 but then randomly lean out to like 16 then back down. still doesnt hesitate or backfire or hickup. WOT car reads around 13-14 way to lean. what can cause this spiratic afr readings and leaning out. please contact me asap. call or txt or pm anytime. 360-791-4859 zack. i have a safc 2 to use and will it be okay to get my afr good i only want these mods no more so little mods i feel a safc will be okay.

codyace
08-08-2013, 08:51 PM
What tune is on the car? What wideband?

zackt25
08-08-2013, 08:54 PM
no tune stock ecu and everything. i have a aem wideband

codyace
08-08-2013, 10:22 PM
And the car runs 100% fine regardless? No stumble, no stall at red lights, no misfire?

zackt25
08-08-2013, 10:59 PM
nope pulls solid starts fine idles fine a little small barely feel stumble for a sec but just feels like a motor mount. runs good revs good responsive. will my safe help or improve. should i get injectors?

OnTheChip
08-09-2013, 08:20 AM
Could be an exhaust leak.

codyace
08-09-2013, 08:36 AM
I've never had a wideband on a factory car so I'm not sure how it reacts, but I'd look for small things like vacuum leaks and or cut up intake pipe before turbo....or as OnTheChip says, an exhaust leak near the o2 sensor.

It could very well be how they operate 'stock' too...hard to say.

Edit: When you installed wideband, di you replace the factory o2 sensor or not?

Croustibat
08-09-2013, 08:56 AM
i have a s13 sr20 blacktop w/fmic kit, hks bov, and a 3 inch downpipe and 2.5 in exhaust and manual boost controller and i have a new fuel filter and new exhaust mani gaskets. all other is stock. my boost is up to 9-10. my wideband is installed correctly and my afr are crazy. at idle there about 14.8 but they randomly lean out. but the whole time the car doesnt change idle or run ability. cruising they are rich like 11-13 but then randomly lean out to like 16 then back down. still doesnt hesitate or backfire or hickup. WOT car reads around 13-14 way to lean. what can cause this spiratic afr readings and leaning out. please contact me asap. call or txt or pm anytime. 360-791-4859 zack. i have a safc 2 to use and will it be okay to get my afr good i only want these mods no more so little mods i feel a safc will be okay.

I found the problem.

You may feel it is ok, but it still is not. Bin that crap.

zackt25
08-09-2013, 09:12 AM
Still has stock o2 on elbow. I want to do plugs maybe and clean my injectors. And crous wat do you mean. Input on my safc choice for my setup little mods for just making the afrs right

Danger_Dorn
08-09-2013, 08:01 PM
SAFC 2 sucks...I'm going to go ahead and blame your MAF. I just had this problem. Lean at idle, pig rich at cruise and boost, ramdomly hitting a wall when WOT. Try replacing/cleaning maf.:2c:

Danger_Dorn
08-09-2013, 08:03 PM
I've never had a wideband on a factory car so I'm not sure how it reacts, but I'd look for small things like vacuum leaks and or cut up intake pipe before turbo....or as OnTheChip says, an exhaust leak near the o2 sensor.

It could very well be how they operate 'stock' too...hard to say.

Edit: When you installed wideband, di you replace the factory o2 sensor or not?

From what I understand the O2 sensor goes closed loop when WOT so idt that would be the issue. IIRC