PDA

View Full Version : more NA mods questions

formeRiceR
05-09-2004, 11:35 AM
So I think for the next couple of mods I will be looking to put in the following

OBX SS headers
Catco hi- flow cat
Pullies
Centerforce Clutch ( I know it doesn't add HP )

As of right now I have a short air intake and a 70mm JIC exhaust on the motor. The strange thing is I was driving it hard the other day and my CEL came on. I pulled the code and got a detonation code and CAS code. I reset the ecu and tried driving it hard again. The car seems fine and no more codes popped up. I was wondering why the codes popped and if there were any measrues to prevent it from happening again.

Also

Where can I get flanges to weld on to my univercal hi-flow cat and what size should I get. 2.5 inch or 3 inch??? I was thinking 2.5 because going to be NA for a long time.

And for the pullies I heard that if you just get the ASP crank pullie it's about the same gain and at half the price. I also heard that pullie kits are bad for your engine. something about the harmonic balancer or something like that...

russian
05-09-2004, 11:41 AM
if i were you i would really consider *NOT buying centerforce clutch. its junk, better spend a lil more for a spec. stage 1 or 2 will do fine

also as far as pulleys, i would read a lil more. theres so many pages on this, i personally dont think the crank pulley will be a good idea.

also you might consider a lightweight flywheel, it frees up some horses.