PDA

View Full Version : clutch install

mjjstang
05-09-2004, 08:06 AM
hey I am installing my spec stage 2 clutch on the sr20 tranny, so I got the old to bearing out and put the new one in. I spin it on the ground or desk and it seems a little off balance. I would think this is bad but i know that the old one i just took off was even more off balance. is this going to be alright or what. and also I was wondering what parts I must lubricate and with what. I know it said something that it must contain molybdnum. sorry if I butchered that.

citizen
05-09-2004, 11:49 AM
lubricate the spindle you put the TOB on, the release fork pivot ball, and i can't remember if your supposed to grease the pilot bearing too, but i think you should.

dvdevo
05-09-2004, 12:09 PM
what kind of lubricate?

citizen
05-09-2004, 12:25 PM
bah make me look it up. Grease the spline, release fork pivot ball, where it contacts the TOB sleeve, where it contacts the slave cylinder piston, and for good measure do the inside of the pilot bearing too. Use lithim based including molybdenum disulphide. Wouldn't worry about the bearing, as long as there is no play in it.

mjjstang
05-09-2004, 02:05 PM
so now i know i need to use lithium grease with molybdnum in it. whats the most popular stuff to use. thanks.

citizen
05-09-2004, 02:12 PM
just go to an autopart store and ask, don't matter what brand, its just grease.

mjjstang
05-09-2004, 03:50 PM
well i know it doesnt matter brand but the moly part was what I was wondering about, Well I just bought some valvoline durablend semi synthetic with moly fortification. Im sure that will do the job.