PDA

View Full Version : 89 S13 KA24E relay Box/wires help/

Tora S13
08-01-2013, 08:33 PM
Ok so I have a S13 thats almost ready to return to the road and need to find out what my options are/ help sourcing info (yes I used the search feature of the site but I only found parts #/ location). I have pics to show what im looking for. Can I just replace the box itself and solder/shrink wrap the wires to a new on or can i just detach this part of the harness itself and keep it moving with a known good? Can't use/don't want to use current box due to cracked/melting(both the box and a few wires not a lot, bout 3-4 of em in that location alone)/getteo jerry-rigging to jump the stater(Clutch interlock relay issue). Please I need to find out so I can make the trip to get parts so I get her running and get off of mass transit, cause between school and work this ain't cutting it. I truly appreciate any help I can get. :bow:
P.S. excuse the jumbled looking parts lol

58689 58690 58691

Tora S13
08-08-2013, 11:38 PM
Bump. Any help would be appreciated.

Howard Smith
08-09-2013, 09:17 AM
If you have a hacked on harness and melting wires I would get a harness out of a junkyard and start fresh. That particular harness is easy to replace. Starts at the ECU goes through the fender well to the Fusible link / relay box. It will save a lot of headaches and increase reliability.

Driftwire
08-09-2013, 11:22 AM
^ this or remove the whole harness and replace the wires one by one and solder, heatwrap as needed.

Tora S13
08-12-2013, 03:11 AM
Thanks, now just gotta get to the yard. Oh, before I forget, can ka24de harness work at all/without lots of rewiring or will I have to find a ka24e harness? Got no prob doing the work if I need to, I just need to find out all the angles before proceeding. As some say: Do it right, Do it once! Thanks again!

Driftwire
08-14-2013, 05:08 AM
the DE relay and fuse box should work i dont see why it wouldnt.

Tora S13
08-17-2013, 07:10 PM
Ah, ok I didn't know if they had the same plug to the ecu or not. I googled the hell out of the relay box to see if there were differences and all I saw were howto e to de swaps you had to repin the harness for the ecu (which is easy if you go wire by wire with an fsm) and I wanted to know if that was necessary or not so I could just pick up a de harness and get it over with. Hopefully I haven't been too noobish with my questions and hope this helps others who read this.

Driftwire
08-19-2013, 06:57 AM
The ECU plug harness is the Main Engine harness. It doesnt have the relay box attached. Their 2 seperate harnesses. and yes if you use a DOHC in a SOHC you just have to swap 5 wires from the dash harness its cake.

wiring specialties
08-19-2013, 09:23 AM
If your harness is hacked up just start fresh man. It'll save you a lot of headaches in the future. Like everyone suggested, just get a harness from the junkyard and re-do yours. We can supply you with any connectors you may need as well.

-Brandon