PDA

View Full Version : s13 auto transmission sensor help

awgdawg
07-26-2013, 01:03 PM
Im replacing the engine and tranny on one of my s13s with a manual. My question is how to get the two sensors off of the side of the transmission on the passenger side. They spin around if i put vice grips on them but they dont come out and Im afraid that i will break them if I use any more force. Any suggestions?

jstr269
07-26-2013, 01:11 PM
All you need is the speed sensor hookup when changing over to a 5 speed. The other three connections are worthless with the manual trans. And why not just disconnect the wiring connectors?

edit: AND, if you want your reverse lights to work, you will need that hooked up as well. I don't so...

awgdawg
07-26-2013, 01:39 PM
thanks for the reply jstr, i would take them out but idk how. Ill take the rubber piece off and its just like 2 wires going into it I'm pretty sure. Ill double check tomorrow when I have time to work on it. If anyone could tell me what sensors are which on the auto trans that would be awesome. I believe the one on the driver side is the reverse and the other two on the passenger side I have no clue. the ones Im talking about are the big round one closest to the driveshaft and the very next one over to the right. Ill try to upload pics when I get off work.