PDA

View Full Version : e-mail error

Riielle
05-06-2004, 08:15 PM
ok, ever since i became a member of this forum, i have been revieving emails saying "mail delivery failure" or something along those lines. the thing is, they are from zilvia.net or either have 240, silvia, or some name relating this this site in the "from" address. the emails, ALL of which have an attachment. of course, i AM curious and clicked on the attatchment, and my norton anti virus said that they all contain a virus. also, there is something on there(sometimes) that says its
"**checked by norman anti-virus**"

NORMAN anti virus?????
i dont know if removing me from your emailing list would help, but i just wanted to tell you of this problem, i have at least 5 emails a day with this crap in it.
thanks

Ghettokracker71
05-06-2004, 09:50 PM
I've known a bunch of people that have this that are not members of any forum online . I know that Yahoo mail had a rather large problem with it,as did hotmail recently,and have not been able to fix it yet.

West
05-07-2004, 02:10 AM
Yup, I got the same problem, only like 100+ a day. We are looking to purchase a new mail engine that will delete emails that contain .scr or .pif files, etc etc.

SPAM IS GAAAY!

Riielle
05-07-2004, 01:34 PM
I KNOW! and get this: when you open the email it has a button that says "not spam" anyway, i do have yahoo. i didnt know if this forum had anything to do with it, i mean everything deals with a 240 somehow or another. oh well

West
05-08-2004, 09:28 AM
who knows, I also get emails from "administration" etc,@zilvia.net saying your account is going to be closed unless you open this file, looks real official, but its a virus. Also getting pictures of girls with another attachment saying whatever... from "girlname"@zilvia.net. Once we get the new mail engine we can block 90% of these.

Bbandit
05-12-2004, 11:27 AM
Mark, I also wanted to add one more thing... the email we have right now is not user friendly (at least for me)... it takes a while to check, delete, and delete from the trash can.the buttons are confusing. I hardly ever use it anymore because of this.
I like the old zilvia email interface better... much more simple