Ka Drifter
05-06-2004, 07:38 PM
I'm buying a set of 5Zigen Fn bronze 17x9 +35 and 17x8 +25
good offsets or not going to run Z brakes and Tein HA or Nismo coilovers
mostly used for drag racing
thanks

TheTimanator
05-06-2004, 07:49 PM
hmmm, personally, I'd say no, but I guess it depends on what tire size you it run and how flush you want to be. Are you planning on running any negative camber? Anyway, as always, I refer EVERYONE with offset and tire questions to this thread, which you might have found if you searched.....

What Spec Wheels Does Everyone Have? (http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=44300&highlight=buddy+club)
Good Luck!

Mr Takara
05-07-2004, 12:04 AM
yea id stick with something more common unless you have madd money for your tires or camber parts to fix that tire wear...

Salty_X
05-07-2004, 01:02 AM
That's kind of odd... :confused:

Anyway, those wheel sizes sound good to me. I guess you could go skinnier in the rear if you want to put a huge ass tire in the back, but I think you'd be fine. Just don't lower it too much (unless you have RUCAs) because the inherent negative camber added will impair your ability to get a complete contact patch and put the power down...

Ka Drifter
05-07-2004, 07:57 PM
I don't see what is odd about it or maybe i'm not understanding i didn't buy my 240 to drift. I don't have to get these offsets my friend that I get tires from for the dealership called and got me prices on these 5zigen with these offsets I don't really want to run a 8 up front but need something to clear Z brakes on the back I want traction, yes i will be running upper camber plates as well as lateral links ruca and toe rods in the rear hopefully on Nismo R-tune coilovers(not the 700$ ones) i pretty much want a 9 to tuck in the back with 235 tires don't need the jdmtyte 5in lips

Bliss
05-07-2004, 08:00 PM
why the z brakes if youre just dragging? Also, if you are dragging, go for a smaller diameter. Smalled sidewall means its softer, and less likely to break traction.

Ka Drifter
05-07-2004, 08:09 PM
Well the Zbrakes are a good upgrade for anything that you do you can't ever stop to fast plus i wanted to do 16x9 on the rear and 16x7 on front but can't find a rim that i like in that size

clean
05-07-2004, 10:30 PM
thanks

did you have a ? or are you just letting us know that you are gonna buy wheels? if your drag racing why dont you just get mt slicks and drag wheel?

Ka Drifter
05-07-2004, 10:53 PM
thanks
the question is about the offsets i was thinking about using i don't want slick cause it is a daily driven your next question is more than likely is
"well why don't you put slicks on when you go to the track?"
well you can't really put slicks on when your driving to work or at a stoplight

thelinja
05-07-2004, 11:26 PM
Well you have stock wheels, right? Run those for DD and just get a set of drag wheels and slicks from Summit or any other race shop and bust those out at the track. Or if you want to run the new wheels on the street, get some Nitto drag radials or something with the Zigs. I hear those are good for straight-liners.

Salty_X
05-08-2004, 12:44 AM
I don't see what is odd about it or maybe i'm not understanding i didn't buy my 240 to drift.
I just thought it was odd because your name is Ka Drifter...

oojpeeoo
05-08-2004, 02:09 AM
I just thought it was odd because your name is Ka Drifter...

hahahahhaha.....OUCH :bash:

clean
05-08-2004, 07:49 AM
not sure why you are worried about offsets if youre just looking to drag w/ the wheels. and why dont you want a 8" up front? just get nice sticky tires and you'll be fine, offsets dont affect traction. plus what engine mods do you have, its not like you have gobs of hp. get those wheels and sticky tires and when you goto the track drop the pressure in the rear tires. and whats w/ the name, ka drifter, shouldnt it be ka drag racer or something? and make sure that you initial post makes sense. its just random babbling

Ka Drifter
05-08-2004, 02:29 PM
I don't want 8 up front if i can get a 7 that weighs less reduces unsprung weight and 8 don't do to much for traction on front I'm in the process of buildin a turbo ka with T3-04 and forged internals with 8.5 to comp hopefully with 13psi, blah blah blah yes i will be running better fuel management going to be running 440s with a z32 mas jim wolf ecm with Apexi piggyback which i already have
besides what is a name is't there a guy on here called silentslide or something just cause that is my post name doesn't mean anything

SilviaDriver
05-08-2004, 05:48 PM
a KA dragger that goes by the name KA drifter

yep..sounds correct to me