PDA

View Full Version : Idle Speed Screw on SR20DET

ryzozS13
05-06-2004, 02:06 PM
If anyone has a picture, or can explain in detail where it is, that would be great. I Just can't seem to find it anywhere. Thanks

NZO
05-06-2004, 04:09 PM
http://home.comcast.net/~veyron/s14enginebay.jpg

Mr Takara
05-07-2004, 12:06 AM
its in the 2nd and 3rd intake manifold runners...look there its under there...not that hard to spot..

Demik
05-07-2004, 12:16 AM
its this big white screw in between the intake manifold cant miss it..

fliprayzin240sx
05-22-2004, 11:29 AM
well im having the same issue, but im running a Greddy Manifold so i know its undernat the manifold now. And the only screw that i can find is a black philips screw. Turned it and nothing happend so i could be playing with the wrong one. This ones on this solenoid looking thing.

hakeem
05-26-2004, 10:24 PM
well im having the same issue, but im running a Greddy Manifold so i know its undernat the manifold now. And the only screw that i can find is a black philips screw. Turned it and nothing happend so i could be playing with the wrong one. This ones on this solenoid looking thing.

There is also another screw at the actual throttle body - this opens the throttle plate up (old school carb style). If you look at what your throttle plate mechanism is resting on when you let it close you will see a screw with a nut on it...just loosen the nut and turn the screw and you can increase the idle that way. Be careful to retighten the nut as otherwise this thing has a tendancy to rattle loose and twist itself into 4000rpm idle territory :)